+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shearwater Predator does not read all three cells

RBW Member sherwood is an unknown quantity at this point sherwood's Avatar
    rEvo II Standard

Shearwater Predator does not read all three cells

Before I go and pester Curt, has anyone else experienced the following?

Today during our dive on decent my Predator all of a sudden started displaying "Voting Failed" and it showed all three cells as zero including millivolts. This is a hardwired Predator with the latest revs on it. Back on the boat I noticed that all three cells would read 0 then all of a sudden they would read correctly without me touching anything. I did check the cable and it appears to be okay, I even moved it around a bit to see if maybe there was a loose connection somewhere but no dice.

I did try resetting and pulling the battery but still no change.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Did you also check the connection to the cells or only the cable? ( I guess you did but you never know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rEvo II Standard

Re: Shearwater Predator does not read all three cells

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    Did you also check the connection to the cells or only the cable? ( I guess you did but you never know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just did and it seems that I have a bad connection near the cells, might have to send it back to Curt after all for a new cable.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Check if the splitter is the problem (by looking at your dreams - if you have those). Sometimes it is not the cell or the computer but the splitter. Although, I never had all 3 go out on me! I don't know how you have yours set-up.

Splitters are easily replaced and would save you having to ship the unit.

rEvo II Standard

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Check if the splitter is the problem (by looking at your dreams - if you have those). Sometimes it is not the cell or the computer but the splitter. Although, I never had all 3 go out on me! I don't know how you have yours set-up.

Splitters are easily replaced and would save you having to ship the unit.
    Not using any splitters, 3 cells go directly to the Predator and the 2 Dreams have a cell each, again no splitters on those. Wish it was that simple :)

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by sherwood  View Original Post
    I just did and it seems that I have a bad connection near the cells, might have to send it back to Curt after all for a new cable.
    If you find that you can make and break the connection where the cell wires come out of the main cable then it is probably the common ground wire at that point causing all 3 cells to fault.

You can cut open the heat shrink tubing on the end of the cable to find the problem, then fix it if you are handy with a soldering iron or send it to me.

Curt

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

All cells share a common ground wire. Probably that ground wire is broken. Seems to be a fairly common issue. Curt will handle it

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Oops! I missed curt's reply

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    Oops! I missed curt's reply
    Hitting the vodka already?
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

dive! dive! dive! mmarcoux is an unknown quantity at this point mmarcoux's Avatar
    rEvo 3 Micro FT RMS, JJ CCR

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR

Had the same issue with the ground being bad, then Curt made it good again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast