+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rEvo cable thread

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

rEvo cable thread

Does someone know by heart what the size of this thread is on the box on top of the rEvo? It's not the same size apparently as the port plugs on the first stages which I hoped. I need to close it up but can't seem to find the same size in my toolbox.
    Attached Images

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Re: rEvo cable thread

Ok, found it.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/revo-...tml#post268347

It seems I have to find some closed tube or something on the island. Well, that's going to be an adventure.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

I just re tapped this hole so I could put a fitting in it, get the right size tap and then use some 5200 on the threads, bingo sealed.

Probably a lot easier to find a 1/4npt tap and a 1/4 NPR to 3/8 unf then a pg7 on curaçao.

Best marv
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

PG 7 plugs are available from rEvo for €2 a pc.
    I just got some from Paul. Comes in handy.

Cheers!

rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Davydive  View Original Post
    PG 7 plugs are available from rEvo for €2 a pc.
    I just got some from Paul. Comes in handy.

Cheers!
    Yeah, but Jason or Paul don't do international shipping with DHL, so it takes 3 weeks instead of 3 days to get here. Not an option.

I have to send a rEvodream for repair to the US, so I'm left with a hole. I have a box full of spares, but not a blank PG7 plug of course.

But yeah, the easiest option is probably to order a blank plug and leave the broken rEvoDream on until it arrives. (The cable is somewhere broken as 1 LED doesn't blink anymore.) It's a 6 week project probably.

Sometimes I'm really thinking about just going sidemount again............
    Last edited by Jantje; 4th July 2012 at 04:15.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

A short piece of cable and the original gland could be used to reseal the hole.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

In an emergency a 1/2" UNF blanking plug (the large intermediate pressure port on an Apeks DST 1st stage) can be used, however you need to be aware that this distorts the thread in the hole slightly, although not so much it can't be re used for PG7.
    HTH
    Simon A

rEvo n00b rbjonez is an unknown quantity at this point rbjonez's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro rMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jantje  View Original Post
    Yeah, but Jason or Paul don't do international shipping with DHL, so it takes 3 weeks instead of 3 days to get here. Not an option.

I have to send a rEvodream for repair to the US, so I'm left with a hole. I have a box full of spares, but not a blank PG7 plug of course.

But yeah, the easiest option is probably to order a blank plug and leave the broken rEvoDream on until it arrives. (The cable is somewhere broken as 1 LED doesn't blink anymore.) It's a 6 week project probably.

Sometimes I'm really thinking about just going sidemount again............
    I had this exact same problem a few weeks ago. I was able to get a P7 plug pretty fast from Ocean Edge Outfitters. But, I wasn't on Curaçao! I've been to Aruba and Bonaire... it's pain to get anything!

rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by rbjonez  View Original Post
    I had this exact same problem a few weeks ago. I was able to get a P7 plug pretty fast from Ocean Edge Outfitters. But, I wasn't on Curaçao! I've been to Aruba and Bonaire... it's pain to get anything!
    Yes, Ocean Edge Outfitters ships to the US, but not to Curacao. (At the moment. Jason is working on it.) Therefor I have to have them ship it to my postal address in Miami and I let it fly over from there to here. This takes 2 to 3 weeks.

A lot of US companies don't ship international which is very inconvenient. DHL has a very good service all over the world and also here on the island (3 days), but they won't use it.

I will keep diving with my broken rEvodream for another 3 weeks until my blank PG7 plug arrives and then I wait another 3 to 4 weeks until the rEvodream is back. One of the joys of rebreather diving and living on a tropical island.
    Last edited by Jantje; 4th July 2012 at 19:32.

rEvo III hCCR

But, this is why I bought a rEvo with a SW, 2 rEvodream and a 5 cell grid, so I can keep on diving in a remote location. It's a good rebreather for in the field.

I've researched it quite well and I've seen quite a lot of other rebreathers and rebreather divers and never been jealous.

For the same reason why we also don't ride Harley's over here. That's fun when you're never far away from a mechanic, but we just ride Yamaha's here which never break down.

So, this will get the thread started.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast