+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drying out your rEvo

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Drying out your rEvo

Hey all,
    So I've always been used to rinsing my counterlung, hanging them upside down to dry and that's it. Anyone have a good "set it and forget it" technique to dry out the lungs after rinsing. I'm considering flipping the whole thing, openings down , with a fan blowing up from underneath to avoid the constant need to soak up the pools of water that collect in the low points.
    Tom
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    Stone Rust | East Coast Wreck Diving
    SF2 | rEvo
    Training | Charters | Equipment

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, rEvo

Re: Drying out your rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by tmccar1  View Original Post
    Hey all,
    So I've always been used to rinsing my counterlung, hanging them upside down to dry and that's it. Anyone have a good "set it and forget it" technique to dry out the lungs after rinsing. I'm considering flipping the whole thing, openings down , with a fan blowing up from underneath to avoid the constant need to soak up the pools of water that collect in the low points.
    Tom
    I just wipe out most of the water with a paper towel then leave it opened up with a paper towel in the bottom of each counter lung.

Everything will dry nicely overnight, pull out the paper towels and you are ready to build. If you want to speed up drying then your fan idea would work great.

The rEvo is the most simple rebreather I have ever owned to clean, dry and assemble.

Cheers,

Curt

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by silentscuba  View Original Post
    I just wipe out most of the water with a paper towel then leave it opened up with a paper towel in the bottom of each counter lung.

Cheers,

Curt
    +1

Leave it upright and cleaning water pools in the bottom of the lungs. Come back 3-6 hours and remove it with a sham wow. I normally check one more time next day just to be sure they are dry.

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post

Leave it upright and cleaning water pools in the bottom of the lungs. Come back 3-6 hours and remove it with a sham wow. I normally check one more time next day just to be sure they are dry.
    +1
    Exactly my method too...
    In fact that's exactly what they're doing now.

Franco

rEvo n00b rbjonez is an unknown quantity at this point rbjonez's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro rMS

+1

I find a lot of "dust" (minute paper fragments) from paper towels which I guess I don't like thinking about breathing. I dry as well as I can with clean, rinsed sham-wow and then stand up inside with a gentle fan breeze blowing on it overnight.

Yesterday I was doing this and found a dead moth in the inhale CL

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

+1

+1 on this as well. Super simple to maintain and clean.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by rbjonez  View Original Post
    I find a lot of "dust" (minute paper fragments) from paper towels which I guess I don't like thinking about breathing. I dry as well as I can with clean, rinsed sham-wow and then stand up inside with a gentle fan breeze blowing on it overnight.

Yesterday I was doing this and found a dead moth in the inhale CL
    Don't tell people or they will want you to share your "deco snack"
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Cool. Thanks for the input all. I thought I was being crafty and rebellious by angling the unit top down and letting it drain out the hoses but just noticed that it pools around the base of the hose connectors and doesn't completely dry. I gotta get me some of those sham wows, I hear you can get them from the guy for a pack of smokes and some prison toilet wine.
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    SF2 | rEvo

Capt/ Instructor
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Don't tell people or they will want you to share your "deco snack"
    The trick is getting it past the mushroom valves. I chose to leave them out for easy snacking.
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    SF2 | rEvo

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

CVS sells Shamwows in a big box ;)

For some reason - likely with boxes of plastic bags - not with cleaning supplies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast