+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How can 1 pound of lead kill you?

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: How can 1 pound of lead kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    If I take 4 alum 80's, I do not change my weight.
    question, if you breath down 4 80s, thats 12pds positive buoyancy, and you dont account for that? (assuming you cant send them up).

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    question, if you breath down 4 80s, thats 12pds positive buoyancy, and you dont account for that? (assuming you cant send them up).
    I have enough extra weight to keep down any one tank even if it is completely empty and part of a second tank. I will let go of any tank that is buoyant and serves me no further purpose.

Some divers may not think about this: At depth the added buoyancy of empty tanks will not be as noticeable as when you begin to ascend and your body (and wing) decompresses. The shallower you get, the harder it will be to manage the added buoyancy of empty tanks. The diver needs to be proactive in this matter and be prepared to let go of the tanks quickly if needed.

Damn, I made that sound like I actually know what I am talking about - I think.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

If you want to know how I really feel then this link is for you:

MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND IDEAS

Don't blame me if you don't like what you see!
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

I just deploy a DSMB if I haven't already, clip empty tanks off and let the float up the line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3