+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Better ratio Kiss GEM Mouthpiece

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Re: Better ratio Kiss GEM Mouthpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    So I'm figuring a shallow gas, and BG (tri mix) for the deeper stuff.
    I did that a few times on my Azimuth a long time ago. Practically easy to do: 2 tanks, switch the lever to change gas. Now, it's a hassle to manage and find compatible gases for the targeted depth as the Azimuth is continuously adding gas through the same orifice. Hence the reason I closed it the Kiss way and then moved onto CCR.
    Now the Azimuth adds continuesly VS pSCR on the GEM. So two different animals.
    I'm sure it's easely doable using a RB80 type connecting block. It's only plumbing after all.
    But I think the real question is about the scrubber time and CO2 on the GEM. How deep on Tx? How long a dive? How heavy the workload?
    Best
    Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe GERIN; 30th June 2012 at 21:43. Reason: typo

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Yea, I'm kinda wondering too, as the scrubber duration I'm finding out now is 2 hours in cold water, so I'm not sure the point of an 8:1 mouthpiece, when the limitation I'm finding out now appears to be the scrubber (at least for 95% of my dives)

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    so I'm not sure the point of an 8:1 mouthpiece,
    How about saving trimix.

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

We are about to release a refillable canister that holds 5.5 pounds scrubber. For longer deeper dives

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

backwards compatible to the current GEM, so we can upgrade?
    Last edited by Jeff Pack; 1st July 2012 at 00:27.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

I think the 2 hours in cold water must be something the lawyers came up with for liability purposes. I've been using EACs in my Optima for years and have no problem putting 4-5 hours on one in cold water (40F). In theory, the EAC should last longer in the GEM because you are not scrubbing 100% of exhaled gas. But I could be wrong about all of this.

Temps here are right around 50 degrees. I have 2.5 hours on an EAC in my GEM in the past few days and I will use the same cartridge later this week. If you don't hear from me again, maybe the 2 hour limit is good.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Meg

KISS

Most of my friends suggest 3hr to be safe in cold water, so even assuming that, thats 10$ per 1 hour dive, compared to the cost of OC at less than that, if we are just comparing recreational dives. (initial target of the GEM). Not sure I see this as a replacement for my OC for rec dives, but then I haven't even dove mine yet.

But a 5.5lb scrubber, user refillable, better ratio mouthpiece, now we're getting my interest for deep dives, which kinda of was why I bought a GEM to do later on in the first place, I just naively thought it was already there, like other pSCR's.

Luckily I got my GEM for an amazingly good deal, so hopefully these upgrades will work on mine, and wont bust the bank.

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    How about saving trimix.
    SCR CVR (Constant Volume Ratio) is not cost effective design in terms of inert gas consumption. The most improved in SCR, is the family of SCR CMR (Constant Mass Ratio AGA-Interspiro). Very effective is the family of SCR CMR (Constant Mass Flow) particularly when a large effort.
    SCR SMS is very effective especially when are adjustable to a ceiling of oxygen divers

The most effective are the CCR.

rc greet

Supporting Member Kydaka is an unknown quantity at this point Kydaka's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hCCR

Kiss GEM

So Mike
    Are the 1:8(6) mouth pieces and loose fill canisters now available for my GEM? If so, what are the numbers?

Meg

KISS

the user packable scrubbers have been available for quite sometime, but not the 8:1 mouthpieces.

You do have to have some training though on how to pack a scrubber.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast