+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Better ratio Kiss GEM Mouthpiece

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Better ratio Kiss GEM Mouthpiece

Quote Originally Posted by RAL  View Original Post
    Jeff not trying to be "smart" but you need to hook up with a mentor or take a class. Mike cannot "teach" you to dive the thing safely on the internet.

RAL
    Understood, but thats not the question,its a matter of at least understanding what the limitations are of the 8:1 mouthpiece in a decision.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but other 8:1 units dont have this 2nd gas restriction?

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by Danseur  View Original Post
    The GEM vs a few different CCR units.
    The GEM is SCR, not CCR.
    Best
    Philippe

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    Understood, but thats not the question,its a matter of at least understanding what the limitations are of the 8:1 mouthpiece in a decision.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but other 8:1 units dont have this 2nd gas restriction?
    Yes ALL scr units have this restriction.
    Later,
    John

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post

The other units would have to be limited also. you can't dive air or trimix close to surface. You would need a high 02 mix down to at least 30'. A hypoxic mix would be even deeper.

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DepthCharge  View Original Post
    Yes ALL scr units have this restriction.
    This is not true. There are SCR with constant ppO2.
    Cobham earlier Carltech produce such a structure with laminar resistance.
    In addition, my 3 SCR SMS solutions (the counting of ventilation), with constant ppO2.

rc greet

RBW Member Danseur is an unknown quantity at this point Danseur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    The GEM is SCR, not CCR.
    Best
    Philippe
    Exactly why in two different categories.

To clarify: It's GEM (and future variants) if SCR, and Meg/HH/Titan and one-off Sidemount units if CCR.

The reduction of weight, size, costs, and complexity are very attractive when looking at the GEM. At near 3:1 it's a draw, but >8:1, and for where I want to go, it's a clear win.

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by anarchista  View Original Post
    This is not true. There are SCR with constant ppO2.
    Cobham earlier Carltech produce such a structure with laminar resistance.
    In addition, my 3 SCR SMS solutions (the counting of ventilation), with constant ppO2.

rc greet
    All COMMERCIAL units........I stand corrected.
    Later,
    John

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

thank you guys, appreciate the info.

Meg

KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Danseur  View Original Post
    Exactly why in two different categories.

To clarify: It's GEM (and future variants) if SCR, and Meg/HH/Titan and one-off Sidemount units if CCR.

The reduction of weight, size, costs, and complexity are very attractive when looking at the GEM. At near 3:1 it's a draw, but >8:1, and for where I want to go, it's a clear win.
    Same here, so I'm figuring a shallow gas on sling tank, and BG (tri mix) for the deeper stuff.

Just spoke with my local instructor and we'll see how that goes.

RBW Member drew_b is an unknown quantity at this point drew_b's Avatar
    Stolen :(

Vision, Homemade

When will we see a GEM mouthpiece for sale by itself?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast