+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sidemount azimuth af

RBW Member Baron Gautsch is an unknown quantity at this point Baron Gautsch's Avatar
    Hercules experimental MCCR

Azimuth trimix SCR

Sidemount azimuth af

hello everybody!
    I love my old Azimuth AF, I went with this buddy to over 100mt (330ft), now, although i frequently use an home built MCCR, want to give a new life to my old Azi.
    My idea is to completely remove on board bottle (extremely heavy when you dress a couple of 10 lt ) and sidemount everything, the advantages are undoubt!
    My problem: i need to connect the first stages on the separate bottle to the two CMF blocks, clearly avoiding water get in the orifices. I've looked at some quick disconnection device but it seems they allow a, although minimal, water flow inside the hose.
    A possible solution, put the CMF blocks near the first stage, upstream to the QD device so to have that few amount of water in a LP hose toward counterlung, not a problem at all. ok it doesn't seem really elegant to me!
    Any different solution?
    Help welcome!

RBW Member jacquesm is an unknown quantity at this point jacquesm's Avatar
    Evo+ & Azimuth

Re: Sidemount azimuth af

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Gautsch  View Original Post
    hello everybody!

My problem: i need to connect the first stages on the separate bottle to the two CMF blocks, clearly avoiding water get in the orifices. I've looked at some quick disconnection device but it seems they allow a, although minimal, water flow inside the hose.
    Hello
    I do agree you need to conect gaz sources to the blocks, but why do you want to disconnect them underwater ?
    The block connexion is similar to a second stage input, so just let it assembled. Should you want to add a second tank inout, either on depth mix or travel, you have ready-made a second input on each block, with a closing tap on it.
    Or : did I miss your point ?

+ Reply to Thread