+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Perth WA

RBW Member drift deco is an unknown quantity at this point drift deco's Avatar
    Insiration Vision

Hello From Perth WA

Hello I have just arrived from the UK, I am a newby CCR diver & would love to buddy up with someone who has experience in WA waters cheers Neil

RBW Member dmo85471 is an unknown quantity at this point dmo85471's Avatar

Re: Hello From Perth WA

HI
    And wecome to Perth, CCR is going thruogh a bad time here at the mo, there are plenty of ccr units around but most must be in the garage.
    I have a sport and dive a lot with PDA.

I wil be on the boat a week on Sat I think to test out the new shearwater but I will try and email you if you would like to go.

Cheers David

Insiration Vision

Yeah sounds good but I think I need to do a shore dive first as a check dive first, as it's not been wet since the move. Plus I have never dived in a wet suit with it before. So I think a bouyancy check is needed. So if your up for a shore dive would be greatly welcome
    Last edited by drift deco; 27th June 2012 at 12:28.

A friend is also soon getting back into diving so may be do it all together. But the water is getting a little cool at the mo :)
    The wreck trail at Rockingham is always good for this sort of thing, If I can make it may be do it next week, will have to see what the weather is like.

What unit do you have !

LUKEWBOP lukewbop is an unknown quantity at this point lukewbop's Avatar
    Mini ft rEvo RMS

only rEvo..

Quote Originally Posted by drift deco  View Original Post
    Hello I have just arrived from the UK, I am a newby CCR diver & would love to buddy up with someone who has experience in WA waters cheers Neil
    Hey Mate

Always keen for a dive when im home from work Luke from image dive takes out rb divers all the time meet a few good people on there
    Rockingham wreck trail is a good shore dive shake down dive for the wetty. Send me a pm and we can organise a dive cheers.

HI
    Did you get a shore dive in ! The weather is not good at the mo ?

David

Insiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by dmo85471  View Original Post
    HI
    Did you get a shore dive in ! The weather is not good at the mo ?

David
    No not Yet I'm going with a lad next week to a mine, never dived a mine before dived a few quarries. Just good to be getting out

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Quote Originally Posted by drift deco  View Original Post
    No not Yet I'm going with a lad next week to a mine, never dived a mine before dived a few quarries. Just good to be getting out
    Welcome to Perth

Just got back from a days diving in Collie, Wellington dam was sensational, we found a wonderful new section to dive but a chilly 12c but stunning vis.

If you you are diving the coal mine ie Lake Stockton I would really suggest staying in the open pit and not going underground, unless you have a death wish or have many hundreds of hours cave diving experience

The underground mine is pretty much a death trap, absolute zero visibility if you touch anything on the way in and guaranteed 0 vis on the way out, plenty of old line hanging in there and really nasty line traps, the horizontal cross members holding up the roof have a tendency to collapse. It is really not a nice place to visit.

Mate as Chris says stay in the open pit. and keep out of the mine.

Stay safe David

LUKEWBOP lukewbop is an unknown quantity at this point lukewbop's Avatar
    Mini ft rEvo RMS

only rEvo..

Correct. Ive Had a few good dives there no cowboy dives just a quick look If you were to pen would be hairy. Not keen for that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris  View Original Post
    Welcome to Perth

The underground mine is pretty much a death trap, absolute zero visibility if you touch anything on the way in and guaranteed 0 vis on the way out, plenty of old line hanging in there and really nasty line traps, the horizontal cross members holding up the roof have a tendency to collapse. It is really not a nice place to visit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast