+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone been on the Florida League of Anglers (F.L.A) or Bulk Trader in South FL?

RBW Member BlueZen is an unknown quantity at this point BlueZen's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro

Meg

Anyone been on the Florida League of Anglers (F.L.A) or Bulk Trader in South FL?

So thought I'd ask and see if anyone has thoughts / experiences diving the FLA and / or the Bulk Trader (off Fort Lauderdale area)?

Looking for new wrecks I have not done in the Fort Lauderdale area and can't find anything about these on-line aside from coordinates...

Are they still intact? Any interesting areas to explore?

Thanks!

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: Anyone been on the Florida League of Anglers (F.L.A) or Bulk Trader in South FL?

I have not been on either, but given the BULK TRADER was an OSV put down about 10 years ago, I am fairly certain she is still intact and probably gives you about 40 feet of relief maximum.
    The minesweeper is a different story since she was a lot smaller, older, wooden-hulled, and been on the bottom over 25 years. I would suspect she has fallen apart pretty well, but feel free to give her a shot. IMHO - if you are going that deep, there are plenty of other wrecks I would rather try to dive than this one though.
    FWIW, more info and pics (of the minesweeper at least) are in my Encyclopedia of Florida Shipwrecks....
    Cheers,
    Mike

rEvo III Micro

Meg

Re: Anyone been on the Florida League of Anglers (F.L.A) or Bulk Trader in South FL?

Thanks Mike - Any thoughts on others you would suggest in the area?

RBW Member Deep_Six is an unknown quantity at this point Deep_Six's Avatar
    Mk15.5

Meg, rEvo, KISS, Dräger

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZen  View Original Post
    Thanks Mike - Any thoughts on others you would suggest in the area?
    How far from Port Everglades are you willing to motor and what depth range are you looking for?

rEvo III Micro

Meg

For a day trip, probably with in 2 hrs one way.

Something interesting in the 275' - 400' range would be ideal.