+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CCR Divers in NorCal?

RBW Member Skubi is an unknown quantity at this point Skubi's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT rMS hccr

rEvo Mini III hccr

CCR Divers in NorCal?

Hello fellow CCR divers!
    I'm working near San Mateo, CA for a few months and I was thinking of bringing my ccr down here to dive on the few days that I have off. Is there anyone around that would like to show me the best sites in NorCal? Normally in Seattle I'm doing several dives a week so the lack of water on my face is starting to dry out my gills!

I'm up for any kind of diving but since I'm only going to bring the ccr a little help finding bailout bottles and a local ccr/tech friendly dive shop would be appreciated.

PM me or leave suggestions. Thanks!

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Re: CCR Divers in NorCal?

Quote Originally Posted by Skubi  View Original Post
    Hello fellow CCR divers!
    I'm working near San Mateo, CA for a few months and I was thinking of bringing my ccr down here to dive on the few days that I have off. Is there anyone around that would like to show me the best sites in NorCal? Normally in Seattle I'm doing several dives a week so the lack of water on my face is starting to dry out my gills!

I'm up for any kind of diving but since I'm only going to bring the ccr a little help finding bailout bottles and a local ccr/tech friendly dive shop would be appreciated.

PM me or leave suggestions. Thanks!
    I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get in the water down south!

rEvo Micro FT rMS hccr

rEvo Mini III hccr

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get in the water down south!
    Well, they just asked me to stay a bit longer so instead of going home at the end of this month I'll be staying through July.

RBW Member clifftondiver is an unknown quantity at this point clifftondiver's Avatar

Welcome to the area! While I'm not a CCR diver (I'm saving pennies and rolling quarters), a very tech friendly dive shop is Any Water Sport, located in San Jose. It's on Saratoga Avenue just off 280. I've always found them very friendly and knowledgable. Happy diving!

rEvo Micro FT rMS hccr

rEvo Mini III hccr

Quote Originally Posted by clifftondiver  View Original Post
    Welcome to the area! While I'm not a CCR diver (I'm saving pennies and rolling quarters), a very tech friendly dive shop is Any Water Sport, located in San Jose. It's on Saratoga Avenue just off 280. I've always found them very friendly and knowledgable. Happy diving!
    Hi, thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check them out. Good luck with saving for your ccr!

RBW Member Ermiles is an unknown quantity at this point Ermiles's Avatar
    My experience is there isn't a real CCR presence in NorCal. Lots of GUE tech divers though. I am one of the aforementioned divers but if you are okay with a mixed team and can take a weekday off I would be happy to show you the sites of Pt Lobos. I would do a weekend but looks like there aren't any open reservations for awhile. Let me know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh and AWS is THE place to go. I can also set you up with some bailout.

rEvo Micro FT rMS hccr

rEvo Mini III hccr

Quote Originally Posted by Ermiles  View Original Post
    Oh and AWS is THE place to go. I can also set you up with some bailout.

That would be great. It will probably be a couple more weeks before I can get my breather down here but I'll pm you when I do. Thanks!

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Im pretty sure Norcal has a good CCR presence. Certainly there are a few in Monterey and Santa Cruz.

I don't know where they are. I am at Lobos almost every weekend and I rarely see a rebreather. Maybe they are just underwater. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast