+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pete Mesley's Truk Lagoon, June 2012, Lust4Rust.co/

RBW Member warrior63 is an unknown quantity at this point warrior63's Avatar
    Inspo

kiss

Pete Mesley's Truk Lagoon, June 2012, Lust4Rust.co/

Simply put: a must do! This was my first Pete Mesley trip, and all I can say is: outstanding! Diving Truk on CCR is the only way to truly experience all that truk has to offer. Pete Mesley and Lust4rust.co/ know how to flawlessly put it all together (logistically) for a trip of a lifetime! This was a bucketlist dive for me, that filled every expectation and more. The Blue lagoon Resort and dive shop also deserves high praise with pete's oversite of CCR operations and support. Sorb, mixed gasses, dive guides, 4 CCR divers to a wreck, 68 wrecks, all professionally overseen by an energetic, personable and highly experienced CCR Instructor. I suggest anyone interested, go to lust4rust.co/ for further info. I am already booking my next trip. Feel free to pm me for any questions, I may talk your ear off!
    steve.

Ps this may sound like an advertisement but it was that good!

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Re: Pete Mesley's Truk Lagoon, June 2012, Lust4Rust.co/

Quote Originally Posted by warrior63  View Original Post
    Simply put: a must do! This was my first Pete Mesley trip, and all I can say is: outstanding! Diving Truk on CCR is the only way to truly experience all that truk has to offer. Pete Mesley and Lust4rust.co/ know how to flawlessly put it all together (logistically) for a trip of a lifetime! This was a bucketlist dive for me, that filled every expectation and more. The Blue lagoon Resort and dive shop also deserves high praise with pete's oversite of CCR operations and support. Sorb, mixed gasses, dive guides, 4 CCR divers to a wreck, 68 wrecks, all professionally overseen by an energetic, personable and highly experienced CCR Instructor. I suggest anyone interested, go to lust4rust.co/ for further info. I am already booking my next trip. Feel free to pm me for any questions, I may talk your ear off!
    steve.

Ps this may sound like an advertisement but it was that good!
    Its certainly on my list of trips to do. Thanks for the feedback.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Pete obviously puts on an exceptional adventure, all his trips are on my bucket list!!!!!!!

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

Thank you for your trip review. I'm diving with Pete on November's trip
    Chris

Shearwater Rep
    lpartridge will become famous soon enough lpartridge will become famous soon enough lpartridge will become famous soon enough lpartridge's Avatar

Bruce and I are also members of the Lust for Rust fanclub! We joined Pete's August 2011 Chuuk trip and were very impressed. Not only was it very well organized and the diving fantastic, Bruce picked up some very good (and much needed...) photography tips. We would highly recommend Pete's Truk trips. We're contemplating one of his Bikini Atoll jaunts in the future.

We can say, with all certainty, that Pete keeps his cool and good humour even in the face of Mother Nature throwing a squall dead at us and engines jumping off the panga into the Lagoon. Now that was a boat ride to remember!!

Lynn

RBW Member warrior63 is an unknown quantity at this point warrior63's Avatar
    Inspo

kiss

Lynn:
    Shearwater deserves a big thanks as well, offering great support, which is become the trademark of the best computer out there! You and Curt Rock!

Of the 12 members of pete's group, 11 sported SHEARWATER computers! And, only one sentinal diver had the "other" brand. I think that says it all.... when you want the best buy Shearwater!

Keep up the great work!

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Thanks for all your kind words Steve, Lynn et all. I have been working very hard to ensure that everyone gets the most out of their diving trip. Also its just so cool to be around likeminded people who are all capable divers.

Had a cracker this trip. Yet again, another awesome group of people. 15 mad keen divers, some "repeat offenders" but mostly all Truk Virgins.

Team June Truk L4R 2012 L-R
    Ian Fones, Steve Caithness, Alice Chapman, Doug Blood, Steve Hubbard (doc on trip), Tony Howell, Andrew Ainslie, Andrew "Ramo" Rampton, Dee Nagle, Ken Strickland, Deralie Flower, Anna Clague, Andrew "Simo" Simpson, Jonothan Davies and Pete Mes!!

Viz was generally down, but still having real good clean water dives on the eastern side of Dublon Isl where the deep anchorage is.

One of the stand out dives for me personally was the Amagisan Maru. I have dived this wreck a few times before but never ventured into the engineroom. Probably more difficult than most enginerooms to access it was also quite confusing to navigate. None the less, one of my favorite enginerooms in Truk now.

Here shown, deep inside the engineroom of the Amagisan Maru, gauges easily read.

Fuse racks still intact.

Ahead/Stern lever still easily readable

The other new area that I had not dived before was the engineroom of the Kiyosumi Maru. Normally I am occupied doing other things on this great wreck. This time I had a good look inside the engineroom.

Here are a few shots of the trip.

Operating Table, Shinkoku Maru

Just trying something different. Looking into the Nippo Maru Engineroom with Andrew Ainslie and his "Deathray" lights videoing the gauges.

I have been wanting to do some of the outer reefs for a while now and this trip I managed to talk a few of the guys into it. Here are some reef shots of Kuop Atoll, just south of Truk Atoll. Had a great day.

Ken Strickland beside some of the massive sponges on the walls.

Dee Checking out a massive Gorgonian Fan.

Really looking forward to November 2012's trip. We have 30 coming on this trip from all over the world so unfortunately there are no more spots available. If you want to come next year I have dates on my site in June and again in November 2013.

regards

Pete Mes