+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cova de Sa Gleda cave video

Cova de Sa Gleda cave video

I would like to share short video made during dives in "european cenote" - Cova de Sa Gelda cave located in Mallorca, Spain.
    Five Tres Presidentes rebreathers were used with one spare - all performed flawlessly.
    Rebreathers were feed from stage tanks with EAN45 - maximum depth is 25m with average about 10m, so no deco gases were neccessary.
    2x12l bailout tanks allowed penetration of the farthest passages of over 10km long cave

RBW Member leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo's Avatar
    TresPresidentes and NT1

NT2, Hammerhead, AH1

Re: Cova de Sa Gleda cave video

Amazing video!

Thanks for sharing

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

Very nice cave and video, did you bring the Lola manifolds and frames with you?

Teppo

RBW Member To Dive for is an unknown quantity at this point To Dive for's Avatar

Really nice, thanks

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Wow! I really like that cave. The speleotherms remind me of Nohoch and a couple other highly decorated Mexican caves. I didn't realize they had similar caves in Spain. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo  View Original Post
    Very nice cave and video, did you bring the Lola manifolds and frames with you?
    We brought all equipment by car and ferry. Rest of the group came by plane - two days of driving vs two hours flight
    On Mallorca you can rent only thick short awful 12l tanks. Air fills beyond holiday seasons are hardly available.
    We wanted to top up stage tanks containing oxygen - dive shop salesman ran away screaming

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    I didn't realize they had similar caves in Spain. Good job!
    Mallorca is full of caves - dry and flooded, however cave diving is not popular.
    Caves are located on private properties and it is not easy to get access.
    This makes the caves are little known and divers from Europe go to Mexico or Florida.

+ Reply to Thread