+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jasper Blue Spring (TN) 3JUN12

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Jasper Blue Spring (TN) 3JUN12

(For those not following, this is a little cave we are exploring in TN- currently the longest completely underwater cave in TN.)

Well, as reported, the visibility was not that good in the main passage (4-5 feet) but the dome room was very nice- which is a little strange. Here is a little video showing the sandstone layer and the side passage that leads to the surface sink with the bone pile (sticks) at the entrance, and finally the crayfish victory gardens.

Shot with a GoPro Hero2, 21W Light Monkey HID in my hand, set to wide, a 35W video light mounted too close to the camera, and Ben Martinez's primary light is the laser beam.

If you are wondering what I am doing in the smaller passage entrance, I am taking water samples for the turbidity meter.

Sorry for the crappy lighting. Maybe we will get better some day.

Jason Richards
    NSS 41539

Longbottom Time RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL is a glorious beacon of light RAL's Avatar

Re: Jasper Blue Spring (TN) 3JUN12

Cool those GoPros are pretty slick little units. Jason when did you retire the BP-60 (180) ? How you like the Revo?

RAL

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Re: Jasper Blue Spring (TN) 3JUN12

I didn't retire the deathbox- it is only good for four hours, the rEVO will do better. I'm not completely sold on the rEVO, but it gets better the more I work on it.

+ Reply to Thread