+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gasflow inside or outside scrubber cannister

RBW Member Hens is an unknown quantity at this point Hens's Avatar
    RB80

Satori

Gasflow inside or outside scrubber cannister

Hello,

I have this discussion with some buddies, but actually we are not experienced rb divers so maybe some of you can give me better view about the why.

The question is if the exhaled gas should rather travel outside the cannister or inside.
    The arguments for inside is that the gas which is dropped contains more co2 ( not mixed ) and the water can drop easily, the outside should be better for isolation of the scrubber.

Most pscr I see go for the outside design, but I keep wondering why they go for a less easier design only for isolation

Any other points to the outside design that is better ?

Thanks
    Hens

RBW Member AzTek Diver is an unknown quantity at this point AzTek Diver's Avatar

Re: Gasflow inside or outside scrubber cannister

I own both types, RB80 & Tres Presidentes. The Tres Pres breaths a little better and with the exhaled gas going on the outside of the scrubber it keeps it warmer, this is a good thing in colder water. The RB80 holds more scrubber material in the same length scrubber because the outside flow takes up more room.

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Re: Gasflow inside or outside scrubber cannister

Quote Originally Posted by Hens  View Original Post
    Most pscr I see go for the outside design, but I keep wondering why they go for a less easier design only for isolation
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/attac...2&d=1306410083
    Structural variants of SCR CVR is more, it is one of the earlier.

rc greet

+ Reply to Thread