+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WWII Midget sub in Aus to be open for diving

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Re: WWII Midget sub in Aus to be open for diving

i've read that the group 'no frills divers' will be allowed to descend first.

maybe i should get off my high horse, well i had to the other day - one of the managers of the client we are working for is quite the diver, he just went to truk and was quite proud of hitting 60 something meters on a single tank 'they hung extra tanks for us to do deco on'.

i enquired as to if he plans to do any technical/ccr training since he seems to enjoy deep diving and he said 'the time, i dont have the time'. i smiled and nodded 'yes, its quite the commitment'.

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar
    Inspo w/Deep Pursuit head:)

I found it interesting in the article that it said there would be cameras placed to watch the wreck for those who want to do some sort of salvaging. Wonder how that's going to work out?

RBW Member grahamsp will become famous soon enough grahamsp will become famous soon enough grahamsp will become famous soon enough grahamsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s115  View Original Post
    baz from southern cross told me he has previosuly dove this (or put divers down) under supervision of nsw heritage.
    1 September 2010; Mark Eaves and I did the dive to get a complete HD video record of the wreck (which lies in 55 metres of water on a hard sand/shingle bottom) for NSW Heritage. As a piece of history it's stunning and well worth the dive. Just hope you have better viz than we did! It was pretty dark and murky.

Graham

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamsp  View Original Post
    1 September 2010; Mark Eaves and I did the dive to get a complete HD video record of the wreck (which lies in 55 metres of water on a hard sand/shingle bottom) for NSW Heritage. As a piece of history it's stunning and well worth the dive. Just hope you have better viz than we did! It was pretty dark and murky.

Graham
    Would you mind posting?

RBW Member grahamsp will become famous soon enough grahamsp will become famous soon enough grahamsp will become famous soon enough grahamsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husker diver  View Original Post
    Would you mind posting?
    I'll ask Mark; he shot the video. Not sure how good it is; I've not seen it myself!

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by grahamsp  View Original Post
    I'll ask Mark; he shot the video. Not sure how good it is; I've not seen it myself!

Graham
    I'd appreciate that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2