+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Packing a Rebreather is an F-ing pain in ass to fly.

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Re: Packing a Rebreather is an F-ing pain in ass to fly.

Thanks Claudia.

I'll try again by removing the wings and the hoses.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Hey Jac,

Here they are in inches:

Outer: width: 14.75 length: 19 (not including wheels), depth: 9.5 (bottom) and 9.0 (top)

My boyfriend's is a little longer maybe by an inch.

It is a tight fit! Also, you have to turn the unit in a way to accommodate the carry-on handle of the case. I take the metal bar off the rEvo. I take the wings off the rEvo (they travel with the rest of the gear). The loop, dreams, predator stay with the rEvo and I squeeze in the metal bar, lumbar and top metal plates., screw drivers....

Hope that helps. I had to shop and try things out a bit. Here in the US we have Marshalls, and TJ Maxx. At times they offer quite a bit of a selection.

Good Luck Jac!

Claudia

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Thanks Claudia.

I'll try again by removing the wings and the hoses.
    Good Luck, Jac!

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Quote Originally Posted by hawai  View Original Post
    If there is ever going to be price for the rudest, most imbecile idiots at checkin and security it will go to Brisbane. No doubt about that! And no matter if they're the general ground handlers or the airline staff, major royal PITA all of them!

What is it that makes those Queenslanders so different? Too much sun and flooding?

But apart from that, my personal sneaky carry on tricks:
    - place heavy hand luggage directly against the checkin counter out of sight of checkin person (out of sight, out of mind)
    - I have a soft bag with wheels and a handle. Trolley when unobserved, have it over your shoulder with a smile (and smile no matter how heavy the bugger is!). Nobody thinks you're carrying tons on your shoulders with a smile. Just make sure nobody notes how deep the shoulder straps cut into your shoulder

Cheers
    Hansjoerg
    yep, brisbane is the worse rating airport for for poorly trained over zealous security staff in Australia. Consistently rates the worst in the country. Hence none of us who live here try to take anything odd on in carry on. Pretty much blanket ban on sporting goods as carry on, hence those of us who live here don't take rb's on as carry on, checked luggage only.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MHD  View Original Post
    yep, brisbane is the worse rating airport for for poorly trained over zealous security staff in Australia. Consistently rates the worst in the country. Hence none of us who live here try to take anything odd on in carry on. Pretty much blanket ban on sporting goods as carry on, hence those of us who live here don't take Rebreather's on as carry on, checked luggage only.

Matt

Thank you for sharing that! Next time I fly into PNG, I will go via Singapore!

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Hey Jac,

Here they are in inches:
    It is a tight fit! Also, you have to turn the unit in a way to accommodate ................................., screw drivers....

Claudia
    These little snips are making me wonder if I am on the wrong forum
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    These little snips are making me wonder if I am on the wrong forum
    Don,

In that case, you might be due to a trip to Canada or she is making a trip to Florida!

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Here they are in inches:
    It is a tight fit!
    Claudia
    lol... am still thinking of ways to adjust to fit him in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5