+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Packing a Rebreather is an F-ing pain in ass to fly.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Packing a Rebreather is an F-ing pain in ass to fly.

I would gladly pay the extra 300 bucks to buy a second seat and stack my stuff where I can see it...

I think I will start buying the second seat and packing every thing in a dog carrier.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Packing a Rebreather is an F-ing pain in ass to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    I would gladly pay the extra 300 bucks to buy a second seat and stack my stuff where I can see it...

I think I will start buying the second seat and packing every thing in a dog carrier.

Buy a JJ

ATB

Mark

RBW Member theDiver has a little shameless behaviour in the past theDiver's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery MKVI

Whats your problem?

I don't have any problems with my Poseidon MKVI rebreather.
    It's only 8 kg when traveling.
    If I need a lot of other luggage I'll buy another 30kg of allowance.

And the actual packing is easy as well.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

You're a wuss. I have my rEvo, and a complete, ready to dive 5d3 setup in carry on.

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    You're a wuss. I have my rEvo, and a complete, ready to dive 5d3 setup in carry on.
    you are lucky, in OZ they are not allowed as carry on, but its only $20 for 32 kg extra luggage with on of the majors (qantas)

Matt

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Quote Originally Posted by MHD  View Original Post
    you are lucky, in OZ they are not allowed as carry on, but its only $20 for 32 kg extra luggage with on of the majors (qantas)

Matt
    I fly with my meg as carry on with qantas, virgin and jetstar. Just gotta keep it away from the scales.

I fly qantas a lot, and where i can use the automated checkin and bag drop where i cant, i try to leave it with someone else when i checkin.

Also, gold ff gives 2 x 23kg luggage allowance. :)

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Made it through security but they pulled it apart to inspect it.

It really did not help that the hud was flashing red.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

RBW Member lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon's Avatar
    Poseidon Mk6

lol, i bet it didn't help at all.

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E has a spectacular aura about Celia_E's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning...
    Megalodon

We travel with our megs as carry ons, the batteries are disconnected so no red lights or dead batteries at the other end. They always want to look at it.... be polite and explain...no big deal so far.

Last time we traveled the supervisor was retired military....they looked at mine then asked Scott if what he had was the same...they did not even open his rollerboard to look....

Luck of the draw, I suppose, but so far so good....

Safe travels,

Celia

PS Oh yeah, and I do not let anyone "help" me when placing it in the overhead....
    Last edited by Celia_E; 26th May 2012 at 23:55.

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Celia_E  View Original Post
    PS Oh yeah, and I do not let anyone "help" me when placing it in the overhead....
    And never store it in the overhead storage above where you sit, above someone seat is a lot safer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast