+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rf3

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Rf3

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Sorry but MK VI needs to have a paper checklist too

Assembly checks
    Scrubber installed
    Mushroom valve check
    Neg pressure check
    Analyze gas
    Analyze bailout
    Opv open
    Bov in OC mode
    Begin post
    Prebreath after power up
    and adding to that the non-rebreather specific checks, that you don't find in your automated check:
    Bailout, pressure, regulator correct working
    BC inflator hose connected, BC inflator working
    Druysuit inflator: connected / working
    bite-piece check
    masks, finns, cutters, smb, reels, ...
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Mod63  View Original Post
    Dale,

the report on the TDI web site is stating 30.000 certificatiosn. Am I right to assume that the 15.000 mentioned above are "active" rebreather divers?

Cheers
    Jürgen
    I think it was like total basic (entry level) CCR trainings ever done since 1996 was around 12000.
    (this does not mean 12000 active CCR divers, that will probably be quite less)
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Sorry but MK VI needs to have a paper checklist too
    I think I mentioned this in my post? Mine is on a PADI standard plastic format. use it on every dive. But I found out that I really wanted to do one by my self as the PADI version only mention; build the unit as per manufacturers guidelines.
    Last edited by Jeppe_E; 24th May 2012 at 16:00.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Mod63  View Original Post
    Dale,

the report on the TDI web site is stating 30.000 certificatiosn. Am I right to assume that the 15.000 mentioned above are "active" rebreather divers?

Cheers
    Jürgen
    30,000 certifications and 15,000 rebreather divers means the average Rebreather diver has 2 different units or at least 2 different CCR certifications. That sounds too high as an average.

Oh wait....... I've got 4. Never mind.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon's Avatar
    Poseidon Mk6

thanks for the summary, so the primary causes of rebreather fatalities were more or less errors in judgement and errors in operation? with less than <1% attributable to equipment failures?

it would be interesting to see how they classified errors in equipment vs equipment failures. in safety science this can be a very fine line - i.e. better equipment design should minimize problems with equipment that occur from how the operator interacts with the equipment. take for example a fatality that occurs from some error in unit assembly. i wonder if they would classify that as a "error in equipment" (i.e. operator error in using equipment)? the goal of good safety design should be to minimize the opportunity for such errors to occur. where you draw the distinction can be a fine line.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S  View Original Post
    I must be misunderstanding, but those two statements appear to be contradictory.
    60% of the time it works all the time.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3jsar2
    Sent from my Shearwater Predator...