+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

Hi Kristen, The second stage Drager ship with the mask is an Apecs TX100 which has a pressure adjusting screw and venturi lever. Adjusting the screw out increases the pressure inside the mask and screwing it in reduces the pressure. It's made clear that the pressure change is present when you flood the mask and the unisolate the side reg and if the screw is out the pressure pushes the water out by its self.....Kind of like the tide going out and is rather neat to watch. I found with the screw out the mask has a greater tendency to Free-Flow if the skirt seal is compromised so I leave the screw in now.

There is a slight difference in pressure inside the mask when you go head down and it has a tendency to free flow but always fit a flow stop to the side reg and shut it off before going head down or if the mask starts to free-flow. It's no big deal....

I have a parts manual and I have never seen more than 1 spring or spring keeper available so I doubt there is another one available. I have heard of some divers shortening the spring to reduce the tension but I personally haven't tried it.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Lance,

Ahhh that explains a lot. It is almost like the whole mask becomes a big second stage regulator. With more hydrostatic head between top and bottom, you need to set the cracking pressure high to prevent free-flows or leaks due to too high an internal pressure. In practice, isolating/energizing the regulator may be more practical as you say to deal with floods, but prevent free-flows during the dive.

So you are actually exhaling when nose breathing through the exhaust vent in the TX100?

I believe that the OC version exhales through the purge valve, so it must be lighter than the one in the rebreather version. I was thinking of trying this instead. Mount a small vacuum regulator with no exhaust to a side port. Use the built-in purge valve as an exhale. Cracking pressure adjustment on the reg combined with purge opening pressure adjustment (via tweaking the spring) might further reduce free-flows. This would make the side reg immediately available more often allow sanity breaths/nose ADV at the cost of more WOB on the exhale...

RBW Member woofy is an unknown quantity at this point woofy's Avatar
    jjccr

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen24060  View Original Post
    Lance,

Ahhh that explains a lot. It is almost like the whole mask becomes a big second stage regulator. With more hydrostatic head between top and bottom, you need to set the cracking pressure high to prevent free-flows or leaks due to too high an internal pressure. In practice, isolating/energizing the regulator may be more practical as you say to deal with floods, but prevent free-flows during the dive.

So you are actually exhaling when nose breathing through the exhaust vent in the TX100?

I believe that the OC version exhales through the purge valve, so it must be lighter than the one in the rebreather version. I was thinking of trying this instead. Mount a small vacuum regulator with no exhaust to a side port. Use the built-in purge valve as an exhale. Cracking pressure adjustment on the reg combined with purge opening pressure adjustment (via tweaking the spring) might further reduce free-flows. This would make the side reg immediately available more often allow sanity breaths/nose ADV at the cost of more WOB on the exhale...
    I am going to use a hog second stage reg that I was told is the same as the apex reg with a pressure adjusting screw and venturi lever I seems a little bulky with the second reg plugged in

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen24060  View Original Post
    Lance,

No....The OC version with the Oral/Nasal Cup still exhales through the second stage........The Cup has small one way valves to equalize the pressure inside the mask and and help control the humidity/fogging.

Regards,

Lance

jjccr

can anyone tell me if I can purchase a new plastic lens for my dragger nova ffm and the best way to fit it
    cheers

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by woofy  View Original Post
    can anyone tell me if I can purchase a new plastic lens for my dragger nova ffm and the best way to fit it
    cheers

look here: Dräger Panorama Nova Dive Sichtscheibe | Online Shop | W+S Water Safety Europe GmbH | Seit 1999

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

jjccr

Thumbs up Re: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

thanks for the information it is a big help
    cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3