+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Re: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

I'd suggest baby shampoo, if you don't want your eyes to sting. On the other hand, I'm so stingy, I use spit. Of course, I try not to drink coffee or eat a sandwich just prior though.....

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osiris  View Original Post
    I'd suggest baby shampoo, if you don't want your eyes to sting. On the other hand, I'm so stingy, I use spit. Of course, I try not to drink coffee or eat a sandwich just prior though.....
    I use regular shampoo does not tear, to the typical masks .
    But the full masece is more convenient wiper. This has its roots in the mask Panorama Nova breathing apparatus for mining. A further step is to mask Faser with a single wiper in a cylindrical fast.
    This is my full-face mask closed circuits.
    http://www.rebreathers.pl/forum/download.php?id=33

rc greet
    Last edited by anarchista; 24th May 2012 at 20:22.

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

finally try dived my Nova, and have a problem with the flapper valve in the chin venting whenever I lift my head up. How can this be overcome?

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    finally try dived my Nova, and have a problem with the flapper valve in the chin venting whenever I lift my head up. How can this be overcome?
    i avoid this by maintaining a slight negative pressure inside the mask

RBW Member woofy is an unknown quantity at this point woofy's Avatar
    jjccr

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    dry and clean mask then tiny drop of shampoo/dishwashing liquid/face soap/hand soap on tip of finger rub all over inside. works
    hi guys I have just purchased a nova ffm can any one advise me what is the best product to use to clean the inside of the plastic lens without scratching it
    cheerrs

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by woofy  View Original Post
    hi guys I have just purchased a nova ffm can any one advise me what is the best product to use to clean the inside of the plastic lens without scratching it
    cheerrs
    Be careful cleaning the lens. All new Drager Panorama lenses are coated during manufacture and there is really no need to "Clean" it.......If you are referring to cleaning it as you would a glass mask lens then there is NO NEED to do anything.

Sometimes they are prone to fogging......I smear a little Johnsons Baby Shampoo on the inside of the lens prior to the dive and then rinse it with a LITTLE water just prior to fitting it. Don't wash all the soap away when you rinse it as you need to leave a slight film on the inside of the lens to stop it fogging.

The shampoo has a secondary effect of cleaning the lens and will not affect the coating.

Hope this helps and you enjoy diving you Drager as much as everyone else :)

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member woofy is an unknown quantity at this point woofy's Avatar
    jjccr

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Be careful cleaning the lens. All new Drager Panorama lenses are coated during manufacture and there is really no need to "Clean" it.......If you are referring to cleaning it as you would a glass mask lens then there is NO NEED to do anything.

Sometimes they are prone to fogging......I smear a little Johnsons Baby Shampoo on the inside of the lens prior to the dive and then rinse it with a LITTLE water just prior to fitting it. Don't wash all the soap away when you rinse it as you need to leave a slight film on the inside of the lens to stop it fogging.

The shampoo has a secondary effect of cleaning the lens and will not affect the coating.

Hope this helps and you enjoy diving you Drager as much as everyone else :)

Regards,

Lance
    thanks lance I think I will enjoy using my dragger I fits great I do find that the purge valve takes a bit of pressure to open
    cheers

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Is the purge valve spring for the OC version of the mask lighter wire than the rebreather version, or are there just fewer turns on the spring? I was wanting to lighten mine up, and was wondering if it is just a matter of cutting a few coils off the spring.

Anyone else adjusted their purge activation pressure?

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

There's only 1 spring available that I'm aware of.

Some of the advantages of using a "Side Reg" is that it makes venting the loop much easier and there's no need to blow hard to do so.

Draining water from the mask, all you do is tilt your head with the port down and the water drains out.

Hose the side reg up to your dil and you can easily add dil by breathing in the nose and out your mouth into the loop......Sort of does away with the need for an ADV other than to conduct a dil flush

Take a sanity breath without needing to bail out by breathing a couple of breaths in and out the nose.

Finally, I find the side reg maintains a slight positive pressure inside the mask. This assists in making the mask seal your face and keep water out. It also helps equalizing when descending. I find no need to pinch my nose and squeeze when descending and makes for a much more comfortable, simple descent.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lance

DSC04371s.jpg

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Question Re: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

Hi Lance,

Thanks for the insight. I have been struggling with deciding how to do a side regulator for my mask. My first thought is that you really want to have a positive pressure in the mask with all orientations (head down, prone, upright, looking left/right, etc). Are you getting this even when the side regulator is at the high point? I.e. head down, head tilted to your right?

My second thought is that you want to be able to reduce the purge pressure. According to the Draeger manual, the purge is set at 3.2 to 6.0 mbar for the OC version and at least 25 mbar for the rebreather version. I don't see an obvious way to adjust this pressure and the manual only says to replace the spring if it is out of tolerance. So I assume that there must be different spring part numbers between the two versions. Functionally, what is the difference? i.e. spring constant or free length?..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast