+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

RBW Member mwynd is an unknown quantity at this point mwynd's Avatar

Drager Panorama Nova R questions

Hi guys,

I've managed to get my hands on a Drager Panorama FFM and have a couple of questions.

What are people using in regard to anti-fog on these masks? Spit? Sea Drops? Dawn dish washing liquid? I've heard all sorts of things but what's the most successful?

For those in the U.S., where do you source parts? Primarily I can see that I'm eventually going to need replacement mouthpieces and the tool that's used to remove the nut that holds them in.

And finally for those who dive a Vision Inspiration, any solutions for getting the HUD high enough to see short of twisting the DSV to get one side high?

Many thanks,

Mike.

RBW Member huntdive is an unknown quantity at this point huntdive's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Drager Panorama Nova R questions

if you want parts -- go here Home | Online Shop | W+S Water Safety Europe GmbH | Seit 1999 they ship to the US for a resonable price if you order enough stuff and in general it takes about 2-3 weeks. Or try Jakup at GG.

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Quote Originally Posted by mwynd  View Original Post
    Hi guys,

I've managed to get my hands on a Drager Panorama FFM and have a couple of questions.

What are people using in regard to anti-fog on these masks? Spit? Sea Drops? Dawn dish washing liquid? I've heard all sorts of things but what's the most successful?

For those in the U.S., where do you source parts? Primarily I can see that I'm eventually going to need replacement mouthpieces and the tool that's used to remove the nut that holds them in.

And finally for those who dive a Vision Inspiration, any solutions for getting the HUD high enough to see short of twisting the DSV to get one side high?

Many thanks,

Mike.
    There is an anti fog coating on the mask when new which I found worked well. However I found that this coating is very sensitive to chemicals in that after using some silicon grease on the mouthpiece sliding set up I found that just the fumes rising from there whilst the mask was stored resulted in the coating bubbling in the area above the mouthpiece. You will find other threads here on RBW regarding removing the coating if necessary.
    Klar-pilot gel anti-fog is recommended in the Nova documentation. I could only get the liquid/spray here and have found this is ok if mask is fitted before entering water however if the mask is removed underwater the anti-fog is washed off. I have just now imported some of the gel type and am yet to try this. It appears to be a 'heavy duty' formula so a, hopeful it will be better. I suspect that most users will be relying on the original anti fog coating however would also be interested to learn what anyone who has removed this coating is using. It may be that simply getting a new 'glass' is the best solution.

Brian

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Hi guys,

dry and clean mask then tiny drop of shampoo/dishwashing liquid/face soap/hand soap on tip of finger rub all over inside. works

I found that the tallest of the HUD holders that comes with the Vision holds it high enough for me to see with the Drager mask on.(just barely)

It tends to rotate around a bit by itself when up against the Golem Gear BOV but a strip of duct tape or an innertube rubber loop tightens it up to keep its grip tight enough. Maybe a nice new one woud not have that issue.

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

when i did the first dive with my nova i thought the anti fog coating would do the trick, but as soon as i had put the mask on it fogged up and i could not see anything! I took it off, spitted inside like on my normal half mask, rubbed around and washed it out, no more fogging! So, just spit and wash and you are fine! Just make sure the mask is dry when you spit in it. For parts, watersafety is the best source!

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    dry and clean mask then tiny drop of shampoo/dishwashing liquid/face soap/hand soap on tip of finger rub all over inside. works
    +2 for the Shampoo.

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Hi guys,

A couple of little tricks make a Nova great from a clear mask perspective. I usually use spit/sea drops as the antifog agent. The mask fogs when there is a major temperature differential between the water outside the mask and the air inside the mask. The propensity of the mask to fog up reduces as the dive progresses. I now habitually allow a small amount of external water into the mask, which sits very conveniently in the recess of the mask. if the mask exhibits any fog i tilt my head well forward and wash the afce in cool water... end of fog for the dive. You only need maybe a teaspoon of water to achieve this without impact when you go head down through constrictions etc.
    Later
    Nick

RBW Member mwynd is an unknown quantity at this point mwynd's Avatar

Thanks everybody, great tips!

That "Water Safety" link is exactly what I was looking for. And Brian, what happened to you with the bubbling of the Klar-pilot coating is exactly what prompted this post. I'll give the shampoo a go too, so thanks for those suggestions.

One thing that hasn't been answered is the tool used to remove the mouthpiece. Have any of you managed to source one? I couldn't see it on the "Water Safety" website.

Thanks again.

Mike.

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Thanks everybody, great tips!

That "Water Safety" link is exactly what I was looking for. And Brian, what happened to you with the bubbling of the Klar-pilot coating is exactly what prompted this post. I'll give the shampoo a go too, so thanks for those suggestions.

One thing that hasn't been answered is the tool used to remove the mouthpiece. Have any of you managed to source one? I couldn't see it on the "Water Safety" website.

Thanks again.

Mike.

What tool?

My special tool consists of two wooden chopsticks: one in each hand and pushing on the rim ridges in opposite directions to unscrew it....

It works for me anyhow!

Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast