+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HEAT Sidemount Rebreather by Manta (Video)

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

Re: HEAT Sidemount Rebreather by Manta (Video)

thats pretty cool. any body know if they are just selling the dil block by itself?

i wanted one when i saw it on munroes rig at lombardis workshop a few years ago and i still want one.

i have tried to contact charles at gorilla diving a few times but got no response.

EDT:

i found his website, much updated since my first look. the blocks can be bought, but it appears you can't rig the off board direct to the bov the way mark has his.

im gonna send a pm and see if there is something else i missed.
    Last edited by Al Marvelli; 6th June 2012 at 17:50. Reason: update
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member Marbry is an unknown quantity at this point Marbry's Avatar
    Revo

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds  View Original Post
    More pictures, more info!
    Very interesting.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar

rEvoII fullsize

i thought charles deserved a post now that i was able to sort things out. i got an email from him shortly after my post in this thread and we were able to work things out. i wound up buying a dil block from him which i mounted on my revo to drive my bov with off and on board gas from a single connection point; I have dove about ten times now. it is working very well and doing exactly what i wanted it to do. charles was very through during the order process to make sure i was getting what i needed and that i had a full understanding of how to set it up.

i would now endorse him fully and i am looking forward to see the whole unit this team develops, with his attention to detail in executing munroes superior ideas it is likely to be a spectacular unit.

al marvelli
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Thanks for posting, hope to learn more about this unit.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Thanks for posting, hope to learn more about this unit.

Best regards,

Recently got an email from Manta...

To whom it may concern,
    Today Privateer Divers LLC DBA Manta Industries & Highseas Millwork announces that due to insurance reasons they will not be manufacturing the HEAT rebreather. This is no reflection of the HEAT rebreather. It is in our opinion that the HEAT rebreather is one of the best designed and most robust rebreathers ever designed. It is our hope that one day the Heat rebreather will be brought to market. If you have any questions or concerns please E-mail Rick@mantaind.com .
    Sincerely
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

rEvoII fullsize

Well the dil block is still pretty sweet.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

i have been talking to charles it might come up north here so stay tuned (i was talking to him about this 2 months ago )

RBW Member lift bag mcgee is an unknown quantity at this point lift bag mcgee's Avatar
    HH Extreme, HEAT MCCR

MEG COPIS 1

I hope the HEAT MCCR will make it to market one day. I agree it is very robust and well thought out. I have been diving one of them original Beta units in the traditional setup for two years and it always performs.

It's built like a tank, versatile (very adept at both traditional and side mount), as well as using great materials and intuitive.

Good luck to Charles and I'll keep diving my unit.

Scott

rEvoII fullsize

Well if it's anything like the unit Munnroe had at original NE Rebreather fest then it is probably pretty sweet, nd from what I can see in the videos it is the same.

Good luck to them
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member lift bag mcgee is an unknown quantity at this point lift bag mcgee's Avatar
    HH Extreme, HEAT MCCR

MEG COPIS 1

It is the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast