+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This works to off set "heavy feet"

Banned zirk is an unknown quantity at this point zirk's Avatar
    rEvo

This works to off set "heavy feet"

When I dive with my wet suit I tend to have heavy feet. I have tried a number of things, but this seems to work very well. Moving the weight forward tilted me so I was horizontal. I took weight and mounted it to the handle. The one you see is a pound and a half. I'm going to make a true one pound version, a three pound version and a 5 pound version. The diamenter will be the same, the length will change. I took some teflon tape and put it around the handle before I mounted the weight. it makes the lead weight very tight and it will not move. If anyone is interested I'll make more.
    Attached Images

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Nice !!!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.937962,5.422011
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: This works to off set "heavy feet"

Reminds me of a Zink on a boat shaft. Nice!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Very nice idea!

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

I never had _any_ problem with heavy feet and don't frogkick often. Most of the time I just hang horizontally fully stretched. I don't use any extra weights. Why does this work?

No heavy black rubber fins from the 60's. They work on a double set where the weight is more at the head, but they don't work on my rEvo. At least not in my case. I have to put at least 4 pounds extra at the top of the rEvo to be able to use them. But them I'm way too heavy.

I'm always using my Mares Excel fins on my rEvo and I'm perfectly balanced without any extra weights or air tubes or whatever. And they are sturdy and stiff enough to frogkick with.

Try it out. The type of fin makes all the difference in the world in a wetsuit.
    Last edited by Jantje; 21st May 2012 at 17:50.

rEvo

I do have a problem with heavy legs. The weight out on the handel rocks me forward. I do use a light weight fin.
    Last edited by zirk; 21st May 2012 at 18:09.

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by zirk  View Original Post
    are you in a dry suit?
    No, in a wetsuit. In a dry suit you can balance things out.

rEvo

yes, in a dry suit... no problem, I agree.

rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by zirk  View Original Post
    I do have a problem with heavy legs. The weight out on the handel rocks me forward. I do use a light weight fin.
    What do you carry for BO? AL or ST? 40's or 80's?

rEvo

I use 2 Al 72's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast