+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Golem presents "plug-in" CO2 monitor

Re: Golem presents "plug-in" CO2 monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    like it , now can you sort it so it will run a hud ,,, lol stop or go will do ,
    iv already got my arms full of other shite...
    If your hands are full, probably the best solution is to mount it so the display is behind your head facing backwards so only your buddy can see it. Oh wait, someone already tried that. (that's the closest I could get to a red headed smiley)

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

You are correct. I would prefer sensor in the mouthpiece too. Unfortunately sampling at divers mouth is technologically challenging. That is why we started with easier task
    When the sensor is placed in the inhalation Tpiece it will measure performance of your scubber and what gas you are breathing.
    I'd say this method offers as good an info if not beter than tempstick or similar methods.

Quote Originally Posted by mixgas  View Original Post
    This is pleasant to see and a huge step forwards.
    Where the CO2 sensor is situated is of great importance, any reason for using the innhale side?

My understanding is knowing pCO2 in the loop is of secondary importance, what you want to know is contents in your arteria, or as close to this as possible. Then the human lung is the next best thing, e.g. at the mouth piece on the rebreather. This is in order to have as little diluted (fresh/inhale) gas as possible at sensor position.

The greater distance from the human lung you place the sensor, measured gas will be diluted from "fresh" gas in the breathing loop and measurment is inacurate.

Our body permits very small changes in the arteria levels.
    5.2kPa normal level
    6.2kPa upper limit of the normal range
    8.5kPa sudden incapacitation is likely

This is why I wuld prefere the sensor situated in the mouthpiece, then you will measure the exhale gas directly with as less diluted gas as possible. Any coment is apreciated.

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Jakub - can you explain the system logic? Is this a display of pCO2 in bar? other units of measure?

I think any tool such as this can be beneficial, though I'm still not certain that inhaled pCO2 tells us much - at least until its too late (i.e. breakthrough). Can you elaborate on what triggers the 'alarm'? A simple specific pCO2 measurement, or a rate of increase?

thanks,
    Mike

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Did I miss something in the video? Jakub said at the end it triggered the alarm. What alarm?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

On the display it say's ALM , now if it beeps are vib. I don't know.

Fred

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

Danny Graham @ Nuvair is the man !

Good job Jakub !!

John

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Did I miss something in the video? Jakub said at the end it triggered the alarm. What alarm?
    It also beeps
    The sound does not carry through our Gopro UW housing

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Good work Jakub, interested in using the fourth cell position of my extreme head. When might these be available? Thank you,
    -Dan

RBW Member lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon's Avatar
    Poseidon Mk6

so how reliable is this sensor? how affected by moisture? if it gets covered with condensate and just sits artificially at a minimal pco2?

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

What is projection price?

Best,

Igor P

Sent ftom my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast