+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Golem presents "plug-in" CO2 monitor

RBW Member davermo is on a distinguished road davermo is on a distinguished road davermo's Avatar
    Hammerhead Classic CCR

Inspiration Classic, IDA-71

Nice work!!!

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: Golem presents "plug-in" CO2 monitor

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    Golem Gear is proud to introduce new universal "plug-in" CO2 monitor.
    The CO2 sensor is housed in the counterlung T-piece so it can be used with any rebreather that can use Golem counterlungs.
    That is currently Hammerhead, Inspo, Meg, Prism and any other unit with OTSCLs or TOS CLs.

Come see and touch it at the RF3, booth 210.
    nice!

WEB MERMEN wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang has a spectacular aura about wizbang's Avatar
    Inspo-Meg-PosMkVI-CCRDolphin

Prism,rEVO,Mk15.5,KISS,Hmblds

Will there be advice/instructions on where the CO2 sensor needs to be (or should not be) situated?
    E.g. Will the CO2 cell operate as intended from an Inspiration 4/5 cell holder in the head.

BTW In case you are unsure this question is for Golem.

Thanks.
    Wiz

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang  View Original Post
    Will there be advice/instructions on where the CO2 sensor needs to be (or should not be) situated?
    E.g. Will the CO2 cell operate as intended from an Inspiration 4/5 cell holder in the head.

BTW In case you are unsure this question is for Golem.

Thanks.
    Wiz
    Yes, there will be advice on cell placement. Determining best location is part of the tests we are doing.

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

For those who can't make it to the RF3 here is a short video I shot during the last test dive
    I set up the CO2 Monitor on my Hammerhead inhalation t-piece (it can be put on exhalation T as well, or both). I swam as hard as I could into the current in Ginnie Gallery, it raised pCO2 slightly. Then I did about a...n hour long dive to raise the humidity in the loop. Then I swam hard on top of Eye and that is recorded in the underwater portion of the clip. After the dive, with moisture still in the loop I removed the scrubber and was breathing on empty loop. That finally raised CO2 high enough to trigger the alarm.

RBW Member lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon's Avatar
    Poseidon Mk6

looks interesting! great to see more innovation coming to market.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    We will have a p-port adapter as well.
    Or any adapter for a rig where there is enough interest.
    CO2 sensor can also go in place of the 4th cell in the Hamerhead sensor carriage.

Testing and production schedule/pricing are under way.
    Excelent, let us know more when more tests done...

RBW Member mixgas is on a distinguished road mixgas is on a distinguished road mixgas's Avatar
    Tourill MK 1.5, Hammerhead Exr

This is pleasant to see and a huge step forwards.
    Where the CO2 sensor is situated is of great importance, any reason for using the innhale side?

My understanding is knowing pCO2 in the loop is of secondary importance, what you want to know is contents in your arteria, or as close to this as possible. Then the human lung is the next best thing, e.g. at the mouth piece on the rebreather. This is in order to have as little diluted (fresh/inhale) gas as possible at sensor position.

The greater distance from the human lung you place the sensor, measured gas will be diluted from "fresh" gas in the breathing loop and measurment is inacurate.

Our body permits very small changes in the arteria levels.
    5.2kPa normal level
    6.2kPa upper limit of the normal range
    8.5kPa sudden incapacitation is likely

This is why I wuld prefere the sensor situated in the mouthpiece, then you will measure the exhale gas directly with as less diluted gas as possible. Any coment is apreciated.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mixgas  View Original Post
    This is pleasant to see and a huge step forwards.
    Where the CO2 sensor is situated is of great importance, any reason for using the innhale side?

My understanding is knowing pCO2 in the loop is of secondary importance, what you want to know is contents in your arteria, or as close to this as possible. Then the human lung is the next best thing, e.g. at the mouth piece on the rebreather. This is in order to have as little diluted (fresh/inhale) gas as possible at sensor position.

The greater distance from the human lung you place the sensor, measured gas will be diluted from "fresh" gas in the breathing loop and measurment is inacurate.

Our body permits very small changes in the arteria levels.
    5.2kPa normal level
    6.2kPa upper limit of the normal range
    8.5kPa sudden incapacitation is likely

This is why I wuld prefere the sensor situated in the mouthpiece, then you will measure the exhale gas directly with as less diluted gas as possible. Any coment is apreciated.

If the sensor is located 6 inches from the mouthpiece and on the inhalation side the only contamination source would be from a failed mushroom valve. Most CCR diver are familiar enough with their units that they would immediately detect a failed mushroom valve so short of having 2 sensors on each side of the loop the inhale breathing hose seems like a good compromise.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

like it , now can you sort it so it will run a hud ,,, lol stop or go will do ,
    iv already got my arms full of other shite ,,

nice work ,, i just need longer arms them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast