+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Black Coral Movie

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Re: Black Coral Movie

Todd was that a Monster Great White going for that diver on the line ?

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

That is a tiger shark that had just eaten a Hawaiian monk seal. Thus the girth...

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

Nothing like resurrecting an old thread but good news! Black Coral the movie is finally available for download! Pre Order now. Delivers June 30th...

http://www.thebrotherswinn.com/black-coral.php

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by DZLHED  View Original Post
    Nothing like resurrecting an old thread but good news! Black Coral the movie is finally available for download! Pre Order now. Delivers June 30th...

http://www.thebrotherswinn.com/black-coral.php
    Awesome preview clip, looks like a great film, thanks for sharing it.

RBW Member wizard2000 is an unknown quantity at this point wizard2000's Avatar
    Inspiration

Inspiration, MK-15

Well it's about time! But I'm sure it will be a big hit. As one of the earliest Black Coral Divers of the early 60's I've been "holding my breath" on this one. I can hardly wait. Now in my 70s and still diving where few would venture.
    I am now diving with and filming large sharks and things off of Maui twice weekly near the area where I harvested the largest Black Coral ever taken. Imagine diving OC 240 ft deep on "air", with steel 72s and a J valve activated with a coat hanger. The year was 1964.
    The rewards were great, and the price was high. Don't miss this historically important chapter of underwater adventure.

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Is this you with Jack?

RBW Member wizard2000 is an unknown quantity at this point wizard2000's Avatar
    Inspiration

Inspiration, MK-15

Quote Originally Posted by AQUANOMAD  View Original Post
    Is this you with Jack?
    No. That is Jack Ackerman and Larry Windley before they got bent. Larry was partially paralyzed. Jack was unable to ever dive again. He just recently passed away.Larry was lost at sea. Both were great guys. I miss them.
    But I'll try to put up a photo of the huge Black Coral that I harvested in 64. It measured 18 ft across 11ft high and 9 ft. It was over 160 lbs. Mike King (RIP) was my dive partner at that time. My deepest dive on air during that era was 325. I was 19. Started doing deep dives @ 15. It was a different era. Self taught and We did not have submersible pressure gauges or BCs etc. back then. To use the term "different" would be an understatement.
    bob
    Shark Hunter Productions
    Whaler's Locker Inc.

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Ya. That's an intense roll of the dice. Would love to see that tree. If you know anyone harvesting I'd be into talking with them and buying raw stock. I'm going to create a new thread and post on CL today so as not to high jack here.

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

Just watched the movie, it was fantastic. Always enjoy hearing stories from the generations ago. But if those stories are about diving, even better!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast