+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: rEvo hCCR beyond 90 mt/300ft

RBW Member Ciro1983811 is an unknown quantity at this point Ciro1983811's Avatar
    would like a rEvo III mini rMS

Question rEvo hCCR beyond 90 mt/300ft

Hi all,

that's the first time I write here. We are a team of italian divers. We usually dive in OC beetween 300 and 390 ft (90 - 120 mt) every weekend.

As you may agree, that's time to look for a rebreather. We are watching and studying many solutions to make a choice.

I personally like the rEvo with the rMS solution , the double canister etc etc. BUT, taking into account the kind of dives that we do on regular basis, we are going to miss the advantage of hybrid solution (that is one of the things that i prefere in rEvo pfilosophy).

Is there a simple way to mantain the leak flow and the solenoid under 80-100 mt? I mean, it0s possible to raise the IP to let's say 13 bar abs pressure? what is the effect on the flow from the orifice? i0ll be necessary to reduce the orifice dimension??? someone did that?

Thanks for answering

bye Ciro.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Re: rEvo hCCR beyond 90 mt/300ft

Ciro,
    It's a lot of effort to keep the hyybrid mode that deep. Paul has dived to over 200m by adding O2 rich gas through the manual add when below the functioning range of the IP.
    But if you're doing it regularly then it's best to put the O2 reg back to compensated and block the orifice.
    putting a smaller orifice in and uping the pressure can give you solenoid issues.
    HTH
    Simon A

Sven De Vos svendv will become famous soon enough svendv will become famous soon enough svendv will become famous soon enough svendv's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Ray & Dolphin scr

rMS comes configured with a smaller orifice and an IP set at 12bar; the unit is ready as such for 100m.

After your Air Diluent course, you should make sufficient dives in the zone up to 40m and go for CCR Trimix training later on. But once there it will be a world of difference for you guys! Good luck!
    Last edited by svendv; 13th May 2012 at 09:41.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Ditch the CMF and put a needle valve on instead.

RBW Member Ciro1983811 is an unknown quantity at this point Ciro1983811's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by svendv  View Original Post
    rMS comes configured with a smaller orifice and an IP set at 12bar; the unit is ready as such for 100m.

After your Air Diluent course, you should make sufficient dives in the zone up to 40m and go for CCR Trimix training later on. But once there it will be a world of difference for you guys! Good luck!
    Nice news! .. and .. what if we increase it from 12 to 14 bar? flow will increase too??
    I ask that because we are planning to dive (after all the needed training time) a unknow wreck in 135 mt / 440 ft that since now in OC we were not able to organize because of too much safety issues with multiple stages descending lines etc. etc.

And maybe in the future well'go for other ultradeep wrecks in our zone.

I would like to be sure that at such depht with non compensated first stage i will be able to run the solenoid or the manual injection of o2.

Thanks, Ciro.

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    What kind of needle valve?

You mean to use a normal compensated first stage, close the rEvo orifice on the new solenoid with the bolt (full eccr) and use a external MAV with a needle valve ion the internal O2 in it? This way you can regulate the needle valve flow and maybe disconnect the valve if for some reason it struk open or overflow?

uhmm... thinking.. :D

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

That does not help you still have the problem of max depth for a non compensating regulator in Hybrid mode.

You either have to bit the bullet and switch to eccr mode or just plug a small off-board O2 into the gas block and use that at depth. then you still have Hybrid mode for the bulk of the dive "DECO".

IMG_0345.JPG

This is what several of us are using.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Ciro1983811  View Original Post
    Nice news! .. and .. what if we increase it from 12 to 14 bar? flow will increase too??
    I ask that because we are planning to dive (after all the needed training time) a unknow wreck in 135 mt / 440 ft that since now in OC we were not able to organize because of too much safety issues with multiple stages descending lines etc. etc.

And maybe in the future well'go for other ultradeep wrecks in our zone.

I would like to be sure that at such depht with non compensated first stage i will be able to run the solenoid or the manual injection of o2.

Thanks, Ciro.
    apeks DS4 is not garanteed stable at > 12.5 bars, so I would not do that
    some people like needle valves, I'm not so much in favor of it: a fixed orifice is easy, never have to look at it, it is just there doing it's job

how long will you be at > 120m? 10 minutes, 15 minutes? just 2 or3 sqwirts of rich bailout in you offboard connection will do the job, and once you ascent the O2 comes up automatically

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Loanwolf  View Original Post
    That does not help you still have the problem of max depth for a non compensating regulator in Hybrid mode.

You either have to bit the bullet and switch to eccr mode or just plug a small off-board O2 into the gas block and use that at depth. then you still have Hybrid mode for the bulk of the dive "DECO".

Attachment 27913

This is what several of us are using.
    With a needle valve you dont use a non compensating 1 stage so you dont have that problem.

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

With a needle valve you dont use a non compensating 1 stage so you dont have that problem.
    Interesting - I have only used them with a non compensating 1st stages. Allowing you to turn the flow up or down depending on your work load. So you are tweaking the thing on your entire dive?