+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Silicon Oil

RBW Member bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer is a jewel in the rough bowzer's Avatar
    rEvo

Silicon Oil

The instructions with my rMS state to put silicon oil on the pins when reconnecting the Shearwater. Paul does not seem to have a preference in oils. I would hate to get something that had incompatible additives, etc.

Does anyone have a specific brand they prefer?

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Re: Silicon Oil

Check the existing threads - O2 or silicone grease we use on o-rings is fine. I used silicone on the outside connection only and O2 grease inside.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=41994
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 2nd May 2012 at 05:49.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Silicon Oil

Quote Originally Posted by bowzer  View Original Post
    The instructions with my rMS state to put silicon oil on the pins when reconnecting the Shearwater. Paul does not seem to have a preference in oils. I would hate to get something that had incompatible additives, etc.

Does anyone have a specific brand they prefer?
    only just lube a little little bit the pins of the wet-mateble connectors, so they key-in easely
    surely do not fill the female side of the connector with oil: this will create overpressure on the contacts when forcing the connector together
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...