+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LAR VI Tank pressure ?

RBW Member Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote's Avatar
    LAR VI ,CDBA, Fenzy po68

Dolphin,Ray,Copis,Sports kiss

LAR VI Tank pressure ?

Whats the recommended tank pressure for a LAR unit , does it matter if the pressure in tank is a little high ?
    Whats the over pressure valve set at on the first stage ?

Dean

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: LAR VI Tank pressure ?

3000 PSI (200-207 BAR) is where I keep mine at the beginning of a dive. I can get my 2 tanks (one SS, one Al) filled higher but 3000 PSI works fine for me. I guess you have to look at all the warnings about boosting O2 to high pressures and decide if you really need it or if it's worth it to go higher for your applications. MED O2 tanks are filled to roughly 2200-2400 PSI and there is probably a good reason for that...

But, I've read guys posting here of boosting higher- almost bragging about it- so I guess it's the user's decision in the end.

RBW Member Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote's Avatar
    LAR VI ,CDBA, Fenzy po68

Many thanks .

The tanks i have are of ali and steel both have been filled to 250 bar , was worried about the over pressure valve popping .

Dean

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

the first stage is 3000 psi any higher than 3500 will damage the stage(we learned that at dreager equipment repair school) also remember its o2 so why would you go more ? i get over 5 hrs on my lars at 3k.......

LAR VI ,CDBA, Fenzy po68

Thanks Steve

Is the first stage unbalanced ? will i need to end dive at 50 bar ?

Any tips on maintenance please ?

Dean

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

dean, your tanks are at 210 to 220 bar now cooled down, which is absolutley perfect for the vi as the design pressure is 232bar. I normaly fill my tanks the way like i filled yours and did quite enough dives with it now, never had any issues! The opv will only vent if your ip rises!

+ Reply to Thread