Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The dive trip that didn't

RBW Member PRTDC is an unknown quantity at this point PRTDC's Avatar
    Inspiration, Meg

Re: The dive trip that didn't

Quote Originally Posted by wookie  View Original Post
    I wish you had put this up when it first happened. I'm in Puerto Rico now with 5 rebreathers on the Spree. I wouldn't let you dive solo either, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't be diving....... I could have gotten you rentals, but I don't know where to dive here without a boat... :D
    Wookie,

Thanks for the comments. BTW ALL the Rebreather divers in your boat now are ALL my students. You can ask them about me and my operations and post if you are so kind!

Cheers,
    T

Inspiration, Meg

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    Sounds like this Tony is a bit of a tosser. I had someone pull the "I'm going to ring so & so (from a tec training agency)" line on me in Egypt a few years ago - this idiot got a surprise when so & so told him to pull his head in as I was quite capable of pulling off the solo photography dive that I wanted to do.
    To set things clear, I did never said to call Tom for him (why would I do that, Duh!). Since I am an IANTD ITT (Certified by Tom) and Mr. Cohen had an IANTD CCR diver cert, I simply asked him if he had any problem with the way I run my operation, He was more than welcome to call IANTD (Tom) and place a complaint with HQ.

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

First off...nice try Brenda, but doesn't work! Just an FYI to all, some of the below quotes are from Brenda (Tony's wife?), who wasn't there and the later ones are from Tony, who obviously was.
    Nice of you to put my email address in the public domain! If you noticed, I didn't do that when posting portions of the emails. Where is the 1st email where I told you the dates I was considering coming there? Why didn't you include that one as well? My guess is that it would have blown your point that you didn't know when I was thinking of coming. However, in one of the emails that you shared here, I did say "see you in 1 1/2 weeks", which would be very easy to extrapolate when I would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by PRTDC  View Original Post
    The diver, as an IANTD Certified Diver, should be aware solo diving on a rebreather is not a safe or acceptable diving practice.
    Is this really serious? We all manage our own risks when diving, either OC or CCR. I often dive solo on both and I'm positive that some members on this board also do. That being said, in any of the emails, is there a place where you or Tony said that? I would have known your position and not proceeded any further.
    He was offered a guided CCR rebreather dive and refused.
    When exactly did this happen? Not when the 4 of us (myself, wife & 2 ppl with us) were in your shop! I initially asked about the dives I saw mentioned on your website, but decided not to do this when I received the reply email stating that OC/CCR divers dive together and 1st one low on gas and all ascend. If you would have asked that when I was in your store, I might have taken you up on it. I have nothing against diving with others!

He did not offer any proof of training that he was an experienced diver or qualified to dive solo.
    Umm, if I didnt' "offer any proof of training", what was the IANTD card that your shop girl took from me to take the information down? Also, you posted above "the diver, as an IANTD Certified Diver"...wait...how do you know that unless I provided proof?

To set things clear, I did never said to call Tom for him (why would I do that, Duh!). Since I am an IANTD ITT (Certified by Tom) and Mr. Cohen had an IANTD CCR diver cert, I simply asked him if he had any problem with the way I run my operation, He was more than welcome to call IANTD (Tom) and place a complaint with HQ.
    OHHHH yes you did!!! You kept asking me, in front of the other 3 people with me, if I wanted you to call Tom. Nope, you NEVER said any of the rest of the things in your above quote. In your store there was you, your shop person (a 3 wk trainee), myself and the 3 people I was with. I can have all 3 people start an account to verify that what I have said is the truth. Now because you've been called out, you want to revise the facts.

But let's keep going to the bottom line. Why didn't you say that you wouldn't rent equipment to me in an email? I could've chose another destination, if you would have done that.

I've got the popcorn in the microwave...let's get it on!

Franco

Inspiration, Meg

Sorry Franco but it is me posting Not Brenda!

1. ALL e mails are there from the beginning? If I missed one please post it!
    2. It was your Attitude the reason I decide not to provide you with service! It's my center not yours, I set the rules for my safety and yours. I made it VERY clear from the beginning in ALL my e mails.
    3. You had the choice to pay for a CCR guidede tour. I am always looking for and excuse to dive any of my units. You decided NOT to pay for services. I do expect to get paid for my time!
    4. A CCR diver level cert does NOT account for experience! Is states that you are certified to dive a unit at a beguiners level. BTW you did NOT showed me the rEvo cert. if you like I can scan your cert I have in my computer and can post it.
    5. I do not have anything against diving solo. I do have a problem providing equipment to someone diving solo. If you get killed (god forbids) I'll be the one spending time in courts and so on. So it is a big liability to us and for $30.00 worth of rental equipment, it doesn't worth it!
    6. At the end it is my center and my rules! You were well aware from my first e mail. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone in my center! (sign clearly posted in my store)

I learned long time ago you can't please everyone (we try but)
    No need to ague with some type of people!

No need for the popcorn this will be my last post. "it is useless arguing with you"

Cheers,
    Tony Cerezo
    Last edited by PRTDC; 9th May 2012 at 23:57.

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Is this going to turn into a giant shitball? Let's try and keep it semi-professional or I will have to close it down....and you know what that means, I suddenly become the ass.

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

You're kidding, right? This is the best you got? Let's get this straight..In your mind, you emailed me saying that you would NOT rent me equipment, if diving solo. So I decided, F* it and instead of choosing a different destination, to then anyway spend over $4000US (for the week) and fly from Texas -> Puerto Rico, then once I got there I decided to get into a beef with the only shop that has CCR support on the island. That's a pretty interesting take.... Bottom line = you exhibited no customer service and are apparently delusional.

As a side note, the only IANTD card that I have (and showed your shop person) clearly states "CCR rEvo Diver" I don't know if all IANTD cards are unit specific, but as I said, mine clearly states "rEvo" on it.

@ Linda...if you prefer, since this guy's stated he's done posting on it, you have my ok (if you needed it) to close it down.

Franco

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Perhaps it is best, maybe you two can re-visit communicating at a later date and come to an agreement.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4