+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone intrested in new Porex for their MK15.5?

Supporting Member Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy's Avatar
    Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

Anyone intrested in new Porex for their MK15.5?

I've sourced a sheet of Porex in 0.09" and a 50-90 micron rating. It's 44" by 42" and I calculate that it will make 9 individual MK15/MK15.5 discs.(anyone really clever who has not at the end of their hideous work day may check my layout and numbers - a MK15.5 needs 11.5")

I don't need nine and the per disc cost would be somewhere just above $50.00 per 11.5" square.

Does anyone need replacements? If it goes to 2 full sheets (18 pieces) the price drops quite substantially.

Cheers,

Sandy

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Re: Anyone intrested in new Porex for their MK15.5?

If I can get a new scrubber, too, then please count me in.

RBW Member S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc's Avatar
    Revo II Micro and BMR500

Classic Kiss

Sandy,

Can you please put me down for one for the scrubber you made.

If you get enough orders and end up getting two sheets I will take 2.

Thanks.

S. Marc

Supporting Member Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy's Avatar
    Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

Thanks Marc,
    I should have added this will suit:
    MK15
    MK15.5
    Biopak
    Cobra
    Biomarine BMR 500
    Seapak

Sandy

Hugh Miller HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP has a spectacular aura about HMP's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspo, Sentinel, Mk15.5

Hi
    Yup, I'll take one. Are they not slightly different (the internal radius), the two that are in the Mk15.5 scrubber?

Hugh

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by HMP  View Original Post
    Hi
    Yup, I'll take one. Are they not slightly different (the internal radius), the two that are in the Mk15.5 scrubber?

Hugh
    I measured the upper porex filter without actually removing it. The actual porex discs are are going to be cut from a square by the end user.

Last edited by cys; 28th April 2012 at 20:47.

Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

I believe the OD on the MK15 is 11.25 inches and the OD on the MK15.5 is 11.5 inches, A BMR or Biopak is 9.5 inches.

If this comes together I'll zip the entire sheet into 12" discs or 12" squares.

You can trim them as you see fit or use your originals as templates.

The stuff is easy to cut with a stanley knife or perhaps even heavy shears. I make perfect discs by pining it to a router table and rotating it's outer edge on the cutting bit.

I could be swayed to make discs with a cutout in the center if you spec the size. Personally I'm the kind of guy who likes to do it all myself.

Sandy

Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

Bear in mind a scrubber has 2 discs - one top and one bottom. The sheet will break up into 9 individual discs.
    Sandy

Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

Porex has sent me the final sample I was after and I've got the match for the scrubber discs. I've sent out private messages to agree deposits for the order before I go ahead. If there's anyone else interested let me know now so I can get the numbers right.

Cheers,
    Sandy

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

Im interested. PM sent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast