+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vanuatu...ccr friendly shop suggestions

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Re: Vanuatu...ccr friendly shop suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by osiris  View Original Post
    Probably good enough reason by itself to stay away from them then, wouldn't you say?
    The problem is there just isn't much else to choose from. I wouldn't advise someone to stay away from Aquamarine, just to be careful. Get everything in writing, don't prepay anything and ask for prices before hand.

The Coolidge is an excellent dive. I spent 7 days diving her and would gladly go back. A CCR would really be nice on the stern dives, but as Pete said you would need to ship everything in to ensure it was there.

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by dab  View Original Post
    If you know Rehan, tell him to answer his e-mails - I left with him owing me (mistake) and now he won't answer anything or follow through on previous agreement.
    in reply to this and the other naysayers, please remember they're on a remote island in the pacific!

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by packeteer  View Original Post
    in reply to this and the other naysayers, please remember they're on a remote island in the pacific!
    i know, I've been there. My e-mails were responded to quickly prior to my arrival, while I was there, but not after I left (when I happened to be owed something). That has nothing to do with the remoteness of the island. My fault for not insisting we squared up then and there. It's not a major issue ($120 or so) and I'm only advising someone heading there to be careful. I would dive with them again, but I'd be more informed.

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

I have dived with Aquamarine quite a few times and on CCR. Getting He there is a nightmare and good aweful expensive ( One estimate looked like over $1200 a G)
    O2 is there most of the time, depending on the dodgy shipping routes and storms. but be prepared to dive with less than 100 bar at the start of your dive- you counter this by diving AL40s, gives you plenty of volume at lower pressure.
    They normally have sorb as packeteer said, Rehan dives a classic, so there's your guide also.
    Aquamarine are you best bet albeit they do run on island time... but that island life.
    For those that claim unsettled debts have you tried ringing him? He's a nice guy and I'm sure its unintentional.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2