+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vanuatu...ccr friendly shop suggestions

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Vanuatu...ccr friendly shop suggestions

Finally I have a meg, so i feel its worth hitting some of the 'must-do' wreck diving locations, the first on the list is Vanuatu (coolidge).

can anyone sugget some decent operators who are ccr friendly, and supply boosted 02, tmx, sorb?

thanks!
    Shannon

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Re: Vanuatu...ccr friendly shop suggestions

Hi Shannon,

You might be looking at a bit of an uphill battle here, I am afraid! You will be lucky to even get O2 let alone a CCR friendly place. I had a mate that just came back from there and they had to ship all their own O2 there. They were diving O/C. I guess if you shipped all your own O2, Sorb and tanks there, you would be fine.

Sorry to be Mr. Gringe.......

Pete

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Hi Shannon,
    Mr Gringe may be right but if I were you I still would try :)
    Indeed, I planed to go there in June but I had to cancel :)
    Anyway, when I contacted Tec Diving in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu in January, they told me they had sorb, small tanks and O2 (not 200 bar though!).
    The problem is that during the last six months they went through a typhoon and two earthquakes...
    Jale.

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Shannon,
    I was there in January and found it much easier to dive OC. Aquamarine has 02 and may be able to get sorb, but be very careful with them. I found they do not always deliver on what they say. The other problem you may encounter is the requirement to dive with a guide. Your not likely to find a guide capable of doing bottom times sufficient to justify CCR. I wasn't able to find He anywhere so it was all deep air.

Meg Apecs/SW

thanks for the advice everyone

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

I think - to paraphrase - If you have your heart set on diving the Coolidge go with no expectations, leave the breather at home, and make the most of what you have got.
    If you really want to dive the breather then you simply have to ship everything that you need, rely on noone, and yeah - take a mate on another breather. They will soon suss you out that you wont kill yourself and will leave you to do your own thing (with a little luck!).

Personally I think the Coolidge has had its best days about 5-8 years ago but then again I have dived it on 5 separate trips. Havent been there in years but its still a great dive.

Just do it!!!!!

Pete

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

yes Aquamarine in Santo is your best bet

I know the owner and he dives an Inspo Classic.

that said, facilities are VERY basic

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by packeteer  View Original Post
    yes Aquamarine in Santo is your best bet

I know the owner and he dives an Inspo Classic.

that said, facilities are VERY basic
    If you know Rehan, tell him to answer his e-mails - I left with him owing me (mistake) and now he won't answer anything or follow through on previous agreement.

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by dab  View Original Post
    If you know Rehan, tell him to answer his e-mails - I left with him owing me (mistake) and now he won't answer anything or follow through on previous agreement.
    Probably good enough reason by itself to stay away from them then, wouldn't you say?

Meg Apecs/SW

Quote Originally Posted by dab  View Original Post

can you give more details on this? i hate diving with un-honest operators! they still havent replied to my email from a week or so ago asking about CCR facilties.

I really dont want to go back to OC if i dont have to

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast