+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drager Service Around Baltimore/DC

Drager Service Around Baltimore/DC

I'm in the process of selling my Drager Dolphin and my shop no longer services the unit. I'd like to get one last service in as we finish the transaction, but I don't know anyone who services the unit anymore. I guess I could ship it somewhere, but if anyone has a suggestion of nearby qualified service shops, I'm all ears.

Meg Diver jswensva is on a distinguished road jswensva is on a distinguished road jswensva's Avatar
    Megalodon

If Richmond, VA isn't too far, The Dive Shop may be able to help. 804-270-0700.

Quote Originally Posted by jswensva  View Original Post
    If Richmond, VA isn't too far, The Dive Shop may be able to help. 804-270-0700.
    Thanks, I just gave them a call, but they'll have to ask around. Nice enough folks, even recommended that I call some shops in Norfolk, but that hasn't panned out so well yet. Still looking of anyone else has ideas!

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

Re: Drager Service Around Baltimore/DC

Quote Originally Posted by NotUnderwater  View Original Post
    Thanks, I just gave them a call, but they'll have to ask around. Nice enough folks, even recommended that I call some shops in Norfolk, but that hasn't panned out so well yet. Still looking of anyone else has ideas!
    A couple years ago, I did call shops here on the west coast to see if any former Draeger dealers would service it, but nobody would touch it.

I've found that I am pretty much my own Draeger service center these days. I think that's true of most people diving Dolphins and Rays at this point. Heck, I even have the "Draeger Authorized Facility" window sticker that came with the used service manual I picked up on eBay. I should just add "Un" in front of the second word, and put it on my garage window.

For a few more months anyway, you can still get new parts to rebuild the pressure reducer and dosage device. Honestly, anyone buying a Dolphin or Ray at this point needs to be able to service the unit themselves. If not, they really shouldn't be diving it.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Re: Drager Service Around Baltimore/DC

Yeah.....what Scott said. I've been servicing my own for several years now. Most shops don't want to be bothered. Parts are outreageously expensive, usually have to come from Germany, and most people aren't gonna pay two hundred dollars or more to service the thing. There are still a few shops that can help....I think.....but they are getting very scarce.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but unfortunately that's how it is.

FD

Well, thanks, guys, I appreciate the honesty! I'll be sure to give the buyer a link to tecme and write up the bill of sale "as-is"! :)

+ Reply to Thread