+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mexico info

RBW Member EanxOliver is an unknown quantity at this point EanxOliver's Avatar

Re: Mexico info

Quote Originally Posted by donlabbruzzo  View Original Post
    We are the only full service CCR/Technical/Cave & recreational dive operation in Cozumel.

We have a large selection of on-board bottles, Al40's & Al80's stage tanks, HP Bauer compressor, Haskel Booster with 40cfm LP drive gas compressor, we stock O2, He and bank Nitrox & Trimix, stock Sofnolime and ExtendAir cartridges.

40' dive boat set up for technical/CCR diving. We offer training CCR & OC training.

Several shops claim to support CCR/Technical divers, none have everything. Check us out at Cozumel Diving with Deep Exposure Dive Center Cozumel or don@deepexposuredivecenter.com of send me a PM.

Don
    When someone makes claims to be the "Best there is to offer", should this be part of the services offered?

Should there be a quart of condensation or seawater in a dive cylinder provided to a client onlt to be discovered at the end of a dive?Should rented dive equipment be returned after several dives in a destroyed, unusuable condition without compensation for the damages or rental fees? Contact me at EanxOliver@gmail.com for photo evidence and discussion!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EanxOliver  View Original Post
    When someone makes claims to be the "Best there is to offer", should this be part of the services offered?

Atitlanccr is an unknown quantity at this point Atitlanccr's Avatar
    Evolution Plus

Classic Inspiration

Try Oliver in Cozumel, Techsmexdivers.com Him his wife own a B&B in Cozumel.He has tanks, sofnolime, gas and is a great guide/instructor.
    I have stayed at the B&B a few times top notch.
    Keith
    laslunas.com

Hi Kieth, thanks for the post. Where have you been lately? Come on down again to see our latest upgrades, Oliver

RBW Member marcbeaudry is an unknown quantity at this point marcbeaudry's Avatar
    Kiss Classic

i'll be in MX - mayan coast (puerto morelos) in december and have been looking around to rent som 2 or 3Litre tanks and buy Sofnolime - so far i've only found one shop who claims they will ONLY rent tanks to me if you dive with them - ? i've never had that happen before , sort of a new one on me, is that the case all over in MX ?
    should i deal with the airlines and bring my own tanks ?

marc

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

Unfortunately that is probably correct. I was thinking of going to Mexico next year with a group of cave divers, I ran into the same B.S.

I was in Mexico in the early 90s. One thing is for sure now is that Mexico is not a cheap place to vacation and everyone has their hand out collecting money for everything.

I was quoted 250.00 USD for 9.2KG or 20# of sofnolime My first thought was, is this a South Pacific Island or Mexico?

IF I go to Mexico I will go sidemount O/C and leave the RB at home. It is a real shame

RBW Member marcbeaudry is an unknown quantity at this point marcbeaudry's Avatar
    Kiss Classic

that's depressing !

what about getting fills if a person brings their own tanks - any experience with
    O2 fills?

I can't imagine what the advantages of making diving in Mexico difficult might be ??
    this thread is bumming me out all of a sudden -
    marc

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

I spent 3 months in Mexico this summer doing a bunch of different kinds of diving (OC/CC), and yes, there is nothing cheap about diving CCR in Mexico. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's not difficult to order supplies from the US or elsewhere, and from my experience, the import taxes weren't all that bad either.

Protec sells sorb for $18 a kilo or $250 for 20 kilos of Sofnolime 797. That's crazy expensive and absolutely ridiculous. I had my sorb shipped to me in Mexico City by DGE and it was still a lot cheaper to do that than it was to buy from Protec. Granted, I was able to ship to an APO address at the US Embassy which definitely helped, and I was also able to avoid paying a lot using various airlines within the country when transporting it. The He prices weren't spectacular either, but $2.50 per CF is pretty common there and in many islands of the Caribbean. In Curacao, the price for He is the same. Most of the caves I did when I was in Mexico weren't deep enough, with the exception of The Pit, for me to justify the expenses related to diving with He.

My trips to Mexico will probably keep me in OC sidemount. I can keep my RB dives for here in Europe, back home in the US, or when I'm back in Curacao. It's just not worth it to me to spend that kind of money to dive CCR in Mexico. Most of the guys I dive with are in OC anyway, so it makes more sense for me to use a similar configuration.

Cheers - Chris
    Last edited by CGOUGHN; 27th November 2014 at 10:53.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Protec is in Playa, less than an hours drive from Puerto Morelos and they will have what you need.
    Since this thread started I have had a couple of very enjoyable trips to Cozumel with Deep Exposure if you are heading to that area.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Kiss Classic

Protec are in fact one of the shops telling me they don't rent unless you're dive
    with them.

m