+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Philippine CCR Diving trip

RBW Member gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub's Avatar
    Vision

Classic, dolphin, azimuth, ray

Philippine CCR Diving trip

Hi there,
    My name is Gabriele, I am a CCR instructor from Italy.
    Would like to ask if is there anybody who may help me in Planning E-CCR dives in Philippine, late of May 2012 (few weeks from now).
    Planning to come with my vision unit without cylinders... I am going to need cylinders, oxygen refill, sofnolime, dive locations and... DIVE BUDDIES!
    Please inform me about your experience in the area if you have,
    Any advice about Reb-friendly location and dive shops would be appreciated
    Thank you very much!
    Gabry

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: Philippine CCR Diving trip

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielesub  View Original Post
    Hi there,
    My name is Gabriele, I am a CCR instructor from Italy.
    Would like to ask if is there anybody who may help me in Planning E-CCR dives in Philippine, late of May 2012 (few weeks from now).
    Planning to come with my vision unit without cylinders... I am going to need cylinders, oxygen refill, sofnolime, dive locations and... DIVE BUDDIES!
    Please inform me about your experience in the area if you have,
    Any advice about Reb-friendly location and dive shops would be appreciated
    Thank you very much!
    Gabry
    Johan's Beach and Dive Resort - Subic Bay, Philippines

dives from Johans place:-
    Subic bay, Philippines - Jan 2006 - Drmike's Photos | SmugMug

rb friendly but may have to bring your own buddies

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

There are several locations you can go that have CCR support.

Coron - Sangat Island Resort - Sangat Island Dive Resort: Home.
    Peurto Galera - you can contact Simon So who is a RBW Member
    Subic Bay - you can contact Tomas Morato who is a RBW Member
    Malapascua Island - you can contact Matt Reed scuba dive philippines | dive resort philippines | thresher sharks

Also Bruce Konefe goes to PI every couple of months for cave and wreck diving and you can contact him at Rebreather World - Rebreathers for Scuba Diving - the next step

I will be over but will be diving in Thailand. If you want to change the country you might want to consider the deep wreck diving in Thailand with TechThailand - Technical Diving Thailand | Trimix CCR Dive, Wreck Training . I know Lance has a trip in May and here is the link to the information. http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=39747

Send me a pm if you want more info.

John

RBW Member gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub's Avatar
    Vision

Wow guys
    Thank you very much for the quick and complete rePly...
    I will try to contact the places you suggested. Can t change dive location, I already got airlines tickets to/from Manila...
    Ciao!
    Gabry

RBW Member Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen's Avatar
    Apocalypse mCCR

Dräger Dolphin SCR to mCCR

Hi Gabrielle,

Just came back from 2 weeks diving @ Puerto Galera... it was awesome !
    This was including a 3 day liveaboard with RagsII to Apo reef and Apo Island (we missed 1 day due to bad weather).
    I dove OC coz I need Extendair cartridges for my rb and was way too expensive to get them over there (tried through Singapore and Australia).
    @RagsII : O2 and Sofnolime was confirmed available through Asia Tech divers (Puerto Galera).

Have fun on yr trip !

safe diving,

Ivan

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Gabry
    If you like wreck diving Subic bay is a good place to go. ( Actually sitting there now till tomorrow when I head back to Thailand). There is Johans and also Boardwalk Dive Center that is located on the SBMA that can supply you with what you need. I am in there all the time teaching rebreather courses and such so they know the deal. Have fun. Just might run into you there.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielesub  View Original Post
    Wow guys
    Thank you very much for the quick and complete rePly...
    I will try to contact the places you suggested. Can t change dive location, I already got airlines tickets to/from Manila...
    Ciao!
    Gabry

Vision

Ivan, Bruce
    thanks a lot for your help. Would be nice to meet you over there :)
    take care
    Gabry

Vision

Hi everybody,
    i am in Hong Kong airport going back home after a very pleasant trip in the Philippines (3 weeks, I covered Anilao/Mabini area, Cebu, Malapasqua).

Just to inform you that I was very lucky because I was able to dive my Vision in Mabini, thanks to Rolling from ABC ( Anilao Beach Club) who found 2 cylinders for my reb (I bought sodalime in Manila).

I am really looking forward to go diving some of the places that the member of this forum suggested me ...

But Let me tell you that I had some great time (too short unfortunatly) diving together with Matt Reed from "Evolution" in Malapasqua island:
    It is a great dive location and an excellent tech diving/reb friendly dive shop.

Matt is a very good diver and dive guide and i had the pleasure to dive a couple of deep dives with him, well supported by his professional crew & team.

If you are in the area it worth to meet him and dive there!!

Thanks again Matt
    See you!

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Looks like we just missed each other. I just walked in the door. Flew out of Manila this morning. I have dove with Matt at ABC numerous times. They have some nice accomodations and great dive sites in the area.

Bruce

Still Searching matt_reed is an unknown quantity at this point matt_reed's Avatar
    Pelagian

Thanks Gabry,

It was a pleasure to dive with such and experienced and competent CCR diver, so that we could do some serious dives! I'm looking forward to your next trip already

Bruce, I think you might be confused... I'm not at ABC, butin Malapascua, maybe there's another Matt at ABC...

All the best,

Matt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast