+ Reply to Thread

Thread: North Carolina Four-day Wreck, Shark & CCR Getaway

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

North Carolina Four-day Wreck, Shark & CCR Getaway

Calling KISS Rebreather Divers!

I am once again organizing a four-day North Carolina Wreck, Shark & CCR getaway with Olympus Dive Center in Morehead City, North Carolina.

Contact me at walt.kissccr@gmail.com

Details:
    This will be a Rebreather Only Charter on the dates of July 9, 10, 11 & 12, 2012.
    Depths (to the bottom) will be between 90 and 130 feet. Dive profiles will comprise of up 90min runtimes for all CCR dives with a 90min Surface Interval in between.
    During which time we will be targeting such wrecks as the Carib Sea, Papoose, Schurz, U-352 and just about anywhere where sandtiger sharks abound. Exact site destinations will be based on weather conditions and group preference. If conditions are good for it, and the group is open to an additional fee to cover additional fuel costs, additional wrecks we will look at include the Naeco (depth 140 feet) and the Proteus (really good for big sandtigers).

This will be a great trip for those who want to be in the company of fellow CCR divers, as well as a great time to get some pretty cool pictures. So you should bring your camera, I will be bringing mine, as well as being of service regarding photo tips and how-to’s.

We will be chartering the Midnight Express, so space is limited to 12 CCR divers. Daily trip fee is $155 per diver.

For lodging in the Morehead City you have the following choices:
    Olympus Dive Center’s Lodge (located across the street) for $34 a night (this is a dorm type setup requiring you to supply your own bunk linens).

Holiday Inn Express - 252-247-5001 (Newest and perhaps the nicest in town!)

Hampton Inn - 252-240-2300

Quality Inn - 252-247-3434

Buccaneer Inn - 252-726-3115

All CCR diver must have the following:
    • A recognized unit that is supported by a manufacturer. No home built units.
    • A recognized certification card from a reputable rebreather training agency consistent with the planned dives.
    • A minimum of 20 logged hours on the unit, which should include experience performing CCR dives deeper than 100 feet in an open water environment. [NC is not the place for your first 120’ open ocean rebreather dive]

See you there.
    Attached Images
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Re: North Carolina Four-day Wreck, Shark & CCR Getaway

Is there anyone?
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Looks like a fantastic trip, Walt. As you know, we've had some great times together up there. Unfortunately, I can't get away that week due to other docs in my call group already taking that week off.

For the other RBW people out there, this is a wonderful opportunity to get in some long dives at moderate depths with some nice wrecks and cooperative sand tiger sharks. When Walt ran the rebreather-only trip a few years ago we had about 20 CCR divers and, while the diving was great, it was really fun to spend time with other CCR divers on a varitey of different units picking everyone's brains.

Just my 2 cents!

Doug

RBW Member keylargojimy has a little shameless behaviour in the past keylargojimy's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

HH INSPIRATION

Walt - this is a very fun ccr trip! I wish i could make this trip again but
    I cannot. Have fun diving the wrecks of NC.
    Jim

QUOTE=Walt Stearns;400217]Is there anyone?[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread