+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indonesia, Manado

RBW Member bcdiverdennis is an unknown quantity at this point bcdiverdennis's Avatar

Indonesia, Manado

Does anyone know who to contact regarding oxygen in Manado , Indonesia. My local dive shop is going there but the operator Eco Divers is unable to provide any rebreather support. I want to take the rebreather with me. The only thing holding me back is oxygen fills. I would be happy if I could get a T cylinder and just do my own oxygen fills.

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Re: Indonesia, Manado

Try SeaBreeze Resort or Two Fish on Bunaken Island.
    We went to SeaBreeze with 3 rEvos last year and they have O2, sorbs and booster. Both walking distance from each other but your bet is better now with Two Fish as Marc, the CCR instructor in charge already left SeaBreeze for Flores.

RBW Member bcdiverdennis is an unknown quantity at this point bcdiverdennis's Avatar

If I were going on my own I would use two fish. I'm part of a group of about twenty going, the rest have not converted to the darkside yet !

Thanks for the recommendation though.

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

I was diving Two Fish while Davy was at Manado last year. The owner and his Instructor Trainer (Brendon Sing)both dive Megs . They have O2 and sorb so drop them an email , they also have a booster.

RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

Dennis,

Get your dive shop to contact ecodivers and as them to arrange a T cylinder for you. They will have these in stock for their nitrox blending and you can decant. O2 is readily available in Manado however it may be difficult to get hold of sorb. Seabreeze/Bunaken Divers still have a small stock of 797 that they have no use for and would be looking at selling.

ATB,
    Marc

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Odyssea Divers at Cocotinos should be able to sort you out - don't get me started on (non)Ecodivers

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zah0no

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by bcdiverdennis  View Original Post
    If I were going on my own I would use two fish. I'm part of a group of about twenty going, the rest have not converted to the darkside yet !

Hi bcdd, if the dive shop has O2 for their emergency kit, someone in management should know where to get it filled and thus, where to get another cylinder. Failing that level of competence, Manado is a big town, so it has at least 1 hospital. Have the dive shop contact the hospital and then have them order an extra cylinder in their next shipment. That's what I did in Alor, which is much smaller and more remote than Manado. It was no problem at all for the dive shop to arrange.

Also, if you're going to go out with a bunch of bubble blowers, make sure ahead of time that the dive op either puts you in before the rest, or that at least they take you to dive sites where divers can go in 2 different directions, so you can go the opposite way from the bubblers and have the best wildlife experience. Good luck, - -Andy

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Two Fish is a wiser choice than those that I known. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bcdiverdennis  View Original Post

RBW Member meagalodonshark is an unknown quantity at this point meagalodonshark's Avatar
    Megalodon

Two Fish Divers have a readily available stock of Sorb and O2 at all times. They also have helium and blending facilities. They are also the only active tec diving center on Bunaken offering tec diving services, courses and are completely CCR friendly.

However you will not have access to the sorb or O2 unless you dive with them. They will not offer it you otherwise.

Not a bad policy, I think

+ Reply to Thread