+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kiss Classic - hour many hours before trimix training and do I need to do it OC first

Back on Bubbles - Cherio! Craig69 is an unknown quantity at this point Craig69's Avatar

Kiss Classic - hour many hours before trimix training and do I need to do it OC first

I'm looking to move over to ccr diving sometime this year and have almost made up my mind which unit to buy:) I am currently an OC ERD diver but one of the main driving forces for going ccr would be to start trimix diving. I'm thinking along the lines of a Kiss Classic.

At the dive club last night we started to organise a trip to Ireland in 2008 to do wrecks in the 40m - 80m zone - obviously trimix territory.

It was my understanding that you could do trimix on a rebreather if you did a ccr trimix course. But my DO seems to think that I would need to be OC trimix before going ccr trimix. Is this correct?

And my sencond question is how many hours do you need on a kiss before doing trimix. I know the correct answer is when you are confident you are ready for it and your skills are upto scratch but I wondered if there was a minimum time in hours like with the inspiration.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: Kiss Classic - hour many hours before trimix training and do I need to do it OC f

You don't need to be OC trimix before going CC trimix :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Re: Kiss Classic - hour many hours before trimix training and do I need to do it OC f

Many training agencies require 50 hours on the specific unit before mod 2 (normoxic trimix) course.

JH

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Re: Kiss Classic - hour many hours before trimix training and do I need to do it OC first

Quote Originally Posted by Craig69

It was my understanding that you could do trimix on a rebreather if you did a ccr trimix course. But my DO seems to think that I would need to be OC trimix before going ccr trimix. Is this correct?

And my sencond question is how many hours do you need on a kiss before doing trimix. I know the correct answer is when you are confident you are ready for it and your skills are upto scratch but I wondered if there was a minimum time in hours like with the inspiration.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.
    Nope to the OC trimix, you can go straight to CCR Trimix. and two it depends on the agency. TDI states 50 hours on the inspo/evo, or 100 hrs on the KISS, IANTD states 25 hrs on the unit. not sure on other agencies standards. hope this helps. safe diving!
    Last edited by scubagrunt; 15th April 2006 at 11:02.

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Re: Kiss Classic - hour many hours before trimix training and do I need to do it OC first

Craig,

You don't have to do OC mix before CCR mix. I'm not planning on doing so. As to how many hours - I think it's only 25 hours with IANTD, but I'm not 100% sure. This is for MOD2 though which is a 60m qualification. I think for an 80m dive you need MOD3, which is a 80m qualification. Personally I wasn't ready after 25 hours but everyone's different.

Also, if you need clarification "the BSAC way", then I would recommend giving Mike Rowley a ring. I was the first RB diver in my club, and he was very helpful in explaining a few things to my DO. He's on the boards here and also on the BSAC forums.

Cheers,
    Janos

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Craig69
    I'm looking to move over to ccr diving sometime this year and have almost made up my mind which unit to buy:) I am currently an OC ERD diver but one of the main driving forces for going ccr would be to start trimix diving. I'm thinking along the lines of a Kiss Classic.

At the dive club last night we started to organise a trip to Ireland in 2008 to do wrecks in the 40m - 80m zone - obviously trimix territory.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.
    AND requires 25 unit specific dives before you can take tech rebreather diver (this is a decompression clas and a pre requisite for the trimix class)

The trimix rebreather program (Full trimix) requires 50 rebreather dives plus TRD as a pre requisite.. This prevents people from racking up lots of hours in a few dives.. for the dives to "count" they must be at least 30-45 minutes long each..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Letīs Go Down For a While sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman is a glorious beacon of light sannerman's Avatar
    MK15; KISS

Iīm almost in the same position, except that I already have my unit. And I havenīt a OC Mix cert but have done some "illegal" mix dives with my unit... :o
    So my question is whats the difference in Mod 2 and Mod 3? can I go directly to Mod 3? And the reason Iīll go Mod2 or 3 is only to able to fill Mix on dive trips (home Iīm doing it by myself). And no Iīm not a crazy guy stretching the limits, I dive with good trained people.;)

And can some one in short terms tell what drills/classes there are in Mod 2 and Mod 3 training. I figure that different agencies would be quite similar?

/Z

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Regardless of course standards the over-riding standard rests with you. For trimix CCR you would need to have the same general in water experience/capability/knowledge and diving common sense that you would before approaching an OC trimix course plus the same level of equipment confidence and familiarity with the rebreather as an OC diver would with OC kit.

Anyway, good luck!

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Most of the agencies have their standards available to download. IANTD certainly do, which would mean you could read this for yourself direct from their website :)

The thing to remember is that the course isnt just about the Gas (thats the easy bit), its mostly about the failure management scenarios and the different ways you can get out of shit.

/Z

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by EBT
    its mostly about the failure management scenarios and the different ways you can get out of shit.

/Z
    second that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast