+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Good first rebreather?

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

Re: Good first rebreather?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetickle  View Original Post
    What da hell is that!

Oh wait... KISS Rebreathers DEMA 2011 - YouTube

Dooh, That's me... (yes, I had a cold at DEMA, and Yes I really am that tall.)

Reading through your descriptions, it sounds like a Side-mount GEM is what you are looking for.

Cat Wrangler Bluetickle is on a distinguished road Bluetickle is on a distinguished road Bluetickle's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O  View Original Post
    Dooh, That's me... (yes, I had a cold at DEMA, and Yes I really am that tall.)

Reading through your descriptions, it sounds like a Side-mount GEM is what you are looking for.
    What does GEM stand for? And is it strictly semi-closed or is there a CCR version... if so where do you put the Oxygen cylinder/sphere etc?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Just get a used Optima. People can not hardly give them away any more and you can get one cheap.
    Then tear the hammerhead electronics out and sell them. This will be easy too, since they are crap and someone will desperately need them (assuming yours are any good).
    Now wire in a Shearwater or two with a new solenoid and you are good to go.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetickle  View Original Post
    What does GEM stand for? And is it strictly semi-closed or is there a CCR version... if so where do you put the Oxygen cylinder/sphere etc?

GEM is Gas Extension Mechanism. It is a pSCR unit. It straps on to your Nitrox tank and extends the gas by up to 3 times.

I just returned from Bonaire. Instead of al80s I used al63s, and dove for 2.5-3.5 hours a dive. For boat dives I switched back to OC in about 2 minutes.

It's not for everyone, but it worked great for me. 3.3K photos and hours of video to go through. A great week.

There's a side-mount version in the works.

Cat Wrangler Bluetickle is on a distinguished road Bluetickle is on a distinguished road Bluetickle's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Update: Jan 2013

If you're curious about what I got etc...

Currently, I have over 70 hours on my Hammerhead mCCR.

I'm happy and comfortable with it. Other than a few issues with my handset, the setup works great. Also, I've had better luck using AI sensors rather than Maxtec sensors.

Currently looking into the possibility of getting a backup head unit, and... considering an extreme head with rev.d with solenoid, eCCR etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7