+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Inspiration Rebreather

Banned inspirationreb is an unknown quantity at this point inspirationreb's Avatar

New Inspiration Rebreather

Hello Guys;

I've heard for a new APD rebreathers.

Any news/image about it?

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

Re: New Inspiration Rebreather

Hi,

News to me! What have you heard?

Quote Originally Posted by inspirationreb  View Original Post
    Hello Guys;

I've heard for a new APD rebreathers.

Any news/image about it?

Banned inspirationreb is an unknown quantity at this point inspirationreb's Avatar

Hi guys;

I've heard on EUDI show in Milan for a new machine with new pendant display, new firmware and software, CO2 sensor and a new scrubber technology...release date: this year!!!

I'm not sure if these news are true or false...are only a rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by thetrickster  View Original Post
    Hi,

News to me! What have you heard?

RBW Member Rust Bucket is on a distinguished road Rust Bucket is on a distinguished road Rust Bucket's Avatar
    Inspo/Evo

As far as I can tell PADI have approved APD Type R rebreather, so you should see these new features shortly. This may be what you have been hearing about. If you get the PADI Undersea Journal you will see APD ads in there for the new Type R rebreather.

The images are only of the back of what looks like a standard Inspo. To allow the Type R rating I would assume there will be new software, no manual adds and also cartridge style scrubber. I am speculating though.

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

I bought the Padi TecRec Rebreather & Advanced Rebreather Manual just as a nice addition to my dive books collection.

The AP R type rebreather is shown in several pictures in that manual, together with the Poseidon Mk VI and the sports SCR from VR technology

The AP model was also on display in TekDive 2011 in belgium
    But both the AP and the VR websites show nothing about these models.

Pretty weird I think, to have a big company like PADI have their manuals ready and shipping while the manufacturer is only giving some sneak previews on dive shows

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

Any chance of any info from the manuals? Photos? Differences with Evo/Inpso etc???

Intriguing!

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

the PADI philosophy for the R-type rebreathers is quite simple:

If in doubt , bailout !

No other procedures have to be learned. A BOV is mandatory. Scrubber has to be pre packaged. And no manual oxygen addition.

If you dive deeper than 18 meters (being the advanced rebreather diver) you will need to bring a stage for additional bailout.

Decompression diving is not allowed.

The missing oxygen inflator on the inspo at Tek Dive 11 caught my attention back then. If I remember correctly there would be a software change too, that did a more gradual change from high to low setpoint in the last meters.
    But it looked mainly like normal inspo + BOV with a blind stop on the exhale lung. I kind of remember there were 2 additional 3 liter tanks clamped to the outside of the inspo case with some extra hoses going some place that seemed not logical, but I'm not totally sure on that.

In the PADI manual there's nothing model specific. So no details on either of the 3 units on the photo's. I think that is one of the things that could have at least be taken care of in an appendix to the manual.

http://gekodivebali.com Cedrics is an unknown quantity at this point Cedrics's Avatar
    Evolution

The Rec unit is not much of a new unit... few changes:
    -Wet switch on the handset to make sure the electronics turn on if diver falls in the water
    -New Software with automated checks
    -No MAVs, plugs instead in Rec version
    -New O-ring in scrubber. This cannot be forgotten and the spacer is no more needed (PADI required this to avoid a basic user error that has resulted in CO2 hits in the past)
    -No pre-packed cartridges (dive centre's responsibility to pack the scrubber correctly according to PADI Tec consultants)
    -BOV, sorry OCB
    -ADV

Basically if you want to change the Rec unit 2 a Tec unit, all you need is Software update and MAVs. Then you're good to go.

Old units are not upgradeable. This is because of O-ring and wet switch...

PADI has not yet included the Rec unit on its Register due to the manufacturer's decision, according to PADI Tec consultants again.

Most of this info dates back London International Dive Show last March and meeting with PADI and AP reps. The Rec unit was on display there (along with James Cameron's scrubber...).

Nils Möllerström nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol will become famous soon enough nilmol's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrics  View Original Post

Old units are not upgradeable. This is because of O-ring and wet switch...
    You mean downgradeable, don't you?

/nils

http://gekodivebali.com Cedrics is an unknown quantity at this point Cedrics's Avatar
    Evolution

Or that, lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast