+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Laser eye surgery and deep diving

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Laser eye surgery and deep diving

Consider ortho k.

Non surgical. No issues deep diving.

RBW Member ckrueger is an unknown quantity at this point ckrueger's Avatar
    rEvo Micro 3 w/RMS & NERD

Prism 2 w/NERD

I had Lasik 20 years ago with the older technology lasers. 20/10 the day after and settled in at 20/15. Best decision I ever made. I have never had any issues. Lots of diving at a variety of depths. Agree on all the warnings below. It is surgery. You want the most experienced Dr you can find.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Hello all, is there anybody here who has had the surgery, done a lot of repetitive high SP diving and then experienced hyperoxic myopia? I'm wondering if lasix makes you more or less susceptible to hyperoxic myopia, and if it is more or less severe post lasix. I tend to do at least one long trip per year and am currently experiencing it again after diving for 14 days. This is the most drastic case of it I have had. My distance vision is back to normal and my 2.5 near field correction is cut in half at least. I came back through the Taipei airport and was feeling dizzy every time I looked at the ground, thought something might be seriously wrong until I took off my glasses and noticed the dizziness was gone and my vision was almost normal again!

I'm considering this surgery so I am of course concerned about complications any time I experience hyperoxic myopia post surgery. Thanks, -Andy

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Would be great to know are people here getting Lasik for distance or for close up,or both?

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

6 years ago I had Crystalens IOLs implanted and had Lasik performed 6 weeks later to correct 3.5L and 4.0R diopters of astigmatism.
    Since then I've been happier than a pig in shit.
    The Crystalens IOL is a focusable replacement lens for the eye, and mine have worked out to focus properly from infinity to as close as 8". After 4 months the Halos around the headlights of oncoming cars at night disappeared.
    6 weeks after the operations I was doing deco dives again to 100M+.

Just wish I had had the procedures performed 10 years earlier when I started getting frustrated with 3 prs of bifocal glasses and always having the wrong pr on for whatever I wanted to do.
    Life is now so much easier, I can read the fine print on the back of an insurance contract, and look at the mountains out my office window. Driving is great, speedometer, odometer, TomTom Navi on a smartphone, cars, traffic, roadsigns etc are all easy to see day or night.
    My vision was corrected to 125% of perfect vision (20/20) and I've got a lifetime guarantee of corrective surgery if my vision ever drops below 100%.
    Wasn't cheap, but money well spent.

Michael

RBW Member ckrueger is an unknown quantity at this point ckrueger's Avatar
    rEvo Micro 3 w/RMS & NERD

Prism 2 w/NERD

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Would be great to know are people here getting Lasik for distance or for close up,or both?

Best regards,
    Mine was for distance. Have the old age problem now. If I get to the point of a lens issue form cataracts, etc, I will probably opt for the IOL's. My Dr says it could be an option now. Just don't want to take any chances on a bad outcome and lose my ability to pass the FAA flight physical. Though, constantly needing to have the readers around drives me crazy!!!

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Has nobody experienced hyperoxic myopia after laser eye surgery? Nobody who has had the surgery has dived multiple days in a row? Maybe laser eye surgery prevents hyperoxic myopia? Any post laser surgery experience with hyperoxic myopia will be greatly appreciated, thanks, -Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3