+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knee Support Advice

Never E nuff Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Knee Support Advice

I'm looking for suggestion's. I've had total joint replacement surgery in both knees. One knee 12 years ago and the other 7 years ago. Lately I've had to wear knee support (Ace Wraps not braces) during physical activity. i.e. a lot of finning, supports help to minimize the pain. I'm looking for simple support suggestion's when diving wet not dry. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
    Mike C

RBW Member S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc's Avatar
    Revo II Micro and BMR500

Classic Kiss

Re: Knee Support Advice

Mike,

I had bilateral knee replacements both knees December 2010 and have the same issue. They used fully constrained knees on me.

I found that a tube type neoprene tensor with the hole for the knee cap seems to provide a little support and lessens some of the pain.

Hope you find a solution.

Marc

Kevin Hagerich Helium_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Helium_diver's Avatar
    KISS Classic

ccr dolphin

MIke,

I have it fiqured out for you . Ted will load and unload your gear. Ritchie will move your stuff up and down the ladder. And I will open your beer at the end of the dive. See you in Florida next month.

Helium_diver
    "If I look unconscious I probably am " Bill Hartman

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Simple... More beer, less diving!

Richie

After 11 knee surgeries I finally had my partial replacement back in 05/2010. Throughout the 9 years of surgeries, I found the scooter to be my best friend . I purchased it after the first surgery (Good enough excuse to justify the scooter) and would get in the water as much as possible, albeit less than a dozen dives a year. I can now swim farily well again, but still have issues, so prefer the scooter on as many dives as possible.

Never E nuff Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Helium_diver  View Original Post
    MIke,

See you in Florida next month.

Helium_diver
    Hope your just sending Ann with lots of cash, cold beer and a knee wrap for me....

Mike

RBW Member EricD is an unknown quantity at this point EricD's Avatar
    rEvo III

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Costanzo  View Original Post
    I'm looking for suggestion's. I've had total joint replacement surgery in both knees. One knee 12 years ago and the other 7 years ago. Lately I've had to wear knee support (Ace Wraps not braces) during physical activity. i.e. a lot of finning, supports help to minimize the pain. I'm looking for simple support suggestion's when diving wet not dry. I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
    Mike C
    Why don't you just get a scooter. That will solve your problems. Ted has one he doesn't use much.

+ Reply to Thread