+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RB 80 "clone" wanted

New Member spike is an unknown quantity at this point spike's Avatar

RB 80 "clone" wanted

Hi,

looking for a RB80 clone (edo, Tourill, R.O.N etc.) secondhand or new but only reasonable offers please.

Thank you Jakub

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

Re: RB 80 "clone" wanted

Quote Originally Posted by spike
    Hi,

looking for a RB80 clone (edo, Tourill, R.O.N etc.) secondhand or new but only reasonable offers please.

Thank you Jakub
    Found that on the forum of plongeesout.com, hope thats help
    perhaps I could have some precisions if needed

Denis Bignand vend:
    -un EDO O4 complet en trés bon état avec une wing Dive System 40litres 3200 euros.
    -une pompe Haskel AGD 15 350 bars complètement reconditionnée O2 3000 euros
    infoplonger-en-corse@wanadoo.fr

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

Yo

I just bought a P-SCR made in Germany, delivered to me in Mexico, where it lives now. Did some diving on it the day before yesterday. All metals are saltwater resistant aluminum alloys or stainless steel glass pearled, hard coated, most of them teflon coated over the hard coat. bellows are teflon coated as well. Head has a orifice to take up a oxy-gauge. The mouthpiece comes with a build in second stage regulator. Unit has dual injectors.

Matt
    Last edited by mattmexico; 25th December 2008 at 14:13.
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Whats it like to dive Matt?

I was discussing this on another forum especially the breathing resistance due to the bellows opporation. I had a go on an EDO4 which was quite an effort to breath but I found the buoyancy much easier to handle than the Insp.

ATB

Mark Chase

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

yo

I have become a CCR diver just by accident due to the non availability of SCR's, at time when the fridge of death was around and only SCR, that is for long and deep stuff. The K2 never made it. Since using them I have been accustomed to have a great stability on WOB in all situations life and diving may throw at me. So diving the RB100 it was a little surprise, even when told before that going head down or head up it is not as easy to breathe as I may want it to be being in a head down or up position and possibly having some other trouble of sorts ...

Managable sure, new yes, uncomfortable not really, just different. When diving in a 10 degree butt down position from the horizontal plane breathes like a champ.

The reason why I started to dig around with that particular unit here is that it will be CCR at some point, double units and with external counterlungs. In the end it will be a very versatile unit, even sidemount and bailout units will come out of this modular approach.
    I guess time will tell ..

Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

New Member spike is an unknown quantity at this point spike's Avatar

Hi,

thanx for information. This unit looks nice, are there any technical details available? Price etc.?

Jakub

Quote Originally Posted by mattmexico
    Yo

I just bought a P-SCR made in Germany, delivered to me in Mexico, where it lives now. Did some diving on it the day before yesterday. All metals are saltwater resistant aluminum alloys or stainless steel glass pearled, hard coated, most of them teflon coated over the hard coat. bellows are teflon coated as well. Head has a orifice to take up a oxy-gauge. The mouthpiece comes with a build in second stage regulator. Unit has dual injectors.

Matt

Custom Title Allowed! db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us's Avatar

Talking Re: RB 80 "clone" wanted

i agree with Matt, you just have to be used to find a good diving position.
    If you dive "vertical" one should stick to OTS-Clounterlungs.
    But i have to add that the EDO injectors react shitty (at least the early units). Since the eliminated some of the realy bad things i guess newer units might have improved.
    The better copies and clones should behave more like the original unit and i heard that some even managed to reduce the corrosion-problems of the AH-1
    copy.

I am wondering how many will come with such units in the future. I think there are now a dozen of different copies out.
    I saw a few off them and with some i really had problems to see if they are from Halcyon or copies.

What i like are the different versions i hear:
    1.) It is an exact copy but 100 times better
    or:
    2.) It is a completly new design, because the Rb80 is sh...
    3.) It is the Original and it was stolen by H...

Now people have the scooters and the breathers and there is no need to be DIR

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Michael, you sound a bit bitter... :)

Quote Originally Posted by db8us
    Now people have the scooters and the breathers and there is no need to be DIR
    Was there ever a need to be DIR to buy George scooter or Halcyon RB ? I thought all you need is $$$... ;)

Custom Title Allowed! db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us is just really nice db8us's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    Michael, you sound a bit bitter... :)

Was there ever a need to be DIR to buy George scooter or Halcyon RB ? I thought all you need is $$$... ;)

Uuups

How is the diving going on your site Phi ?

Matt, which unit do you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by spike
    Hi,

thanx for information. This unit looks nice, are there any technical details available? Price etc.?

Jakub
    Yo

After diving the unit a bit and talked to the master maker here are some bits of info. The units metal parts are saltwater resistant aluminum hard coated to resist corrsion and then teflon coated. The bellows are teflon coated in and out. Around 4 kilo absorbent. Any type of absorbent can be used. Frame is stainless and glass perled. The manufacturer has done 25 units already. He was working 10 years for Draeger as an rebreather engeneer, hence is understanding of rebreathers and is now working on a sub shipyard in Germany as an engeneer, hence his metal coatings. I am not sure what his end price will be but guess in the 8000 usd range, and that could be with bailout mouthpiece and frame. When I get the final price on it I will post it.

Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast