Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: ATS BMCL's Worth a long look

Re: ATS BMCL's Worth a long look

You didn't use a blank slate. You took a rabbit tool pack dimensions and went off those. It's what fit in the shell. Not a false claim at all. Just you not wanting to admit it. LOL

And no, It's not about the DIN. A regulator has so much more going on. But I will say, a regulator that is Diaphram or Spring piston is just a copy of the one the original patent owner came up with. The two different ones for scuba. Simple. So, yes, every other one is a copy. Difference is, they started with a blank slate for the rest. You didn't. And yes, the DIN connection and the Yoke connection is a copy. Someone else a very long time ago came up with it.

Same as your wings

Same as your backplates

Same as you finger spools

Pretty much everything you make. Nothing is your own. Just a copy of what someone else came up with.

And yes, legitimate manufacturers violate warnings all the time. Do you know about 80% of regulators aren't supposed to have higher levels of O2 run through them. OMG. I'm suprised i'm not dead. I know when I started blending and making tri mix myself no regulators were rated for it. OMGGGGGGGG. HOW DID WE NOT DIE?

And yes, I do the same thing with my diving. The IDA71 i built seems to keep me alive. The IDA72 I built does a fine job too. There is actually, GASP some LEAD in those joints. Then, the 4 homebuilds that are still laying around 3 of them from before you could get any rebreathers unless you were military, you had to make them yourself. And a Meg.

And if I would have followed protocall. I would have been diving air. But, I introduced some of this Magic stuff called Helium in my mixes. And breathed it. Nobody had released anything and Padi wasn't around. Not to mention anybody diving "MAGIC" gasses. Funny, now everyone does it. But it sure wasn't something the reg manufacturers told you was OK to do. LOL

I called Rabbit Tool. Get it. Had to go through 3 people and they called me back to give me the answer. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about or not wanting to tell the whole truth

Let me guess, you're a guy that gets to play in your dads machine shop. And, now, you've made enough to have your own.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with soldering cells if done right. It was done for years. LOL.... Funny thing is that "BackYard Hack" got things done while you were trying to explain the reasoning behind $3000 cell packs with $700 of cells in them. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post
    Wrong. You can repeat your false claims as many time as you like and it won't change the facts.

A few external dimensions are similar, the rest are entirely different.

That's like claiming any regulator with a din fitting on it is a copy of the first din reg because it fits a din valve. DSS battery fit a Dive X scooter, the rest is different.

No legitimate designer / manufacturer starts off by violating the component suppliers warnings. If some back yard hack wants to nothing stopping you, but it is still very poor practice.

Do you approach the rest of your diving the same way, choosing to ignore "best practices"?

I said we could not fit the number of cells I wanted into the RT packs. Of course one can fit a few Lithium cells in the RT. No way to get to ~1300 watthours in the RT case however.

What kind of capacities did you achieve? You have provided no specs, and of course subjected your pack to no public testing. Pretty easy to make any claim you want when you don't have to back it up.

How does Rabbit tool sell any if they no longer make them?

How Rabbit Tool and Dive X choose to market, and or price goods is none of my business, but AFAIK RT still build the NiMh packs, they may no longer market them directly however.

NiMh, particularly large cells are becoming relatively scarce, many cell manufacturers have switched to Lithium Ion. That's what is driving up the price of Nimh.

Tobin

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by mverick  View Original Post
    You're wasting your time. You're arguing with someone who is always right. Yet, in reality is always wrong.
    As much as I love the banter, maybe you should take your own advice and quit arguing.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: ATS BMCL's Worth a long look

this thread is getting out of hand and totally off topic.. I'm closing it.
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13