Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ATS BMCL's Worth a long look

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

ATS BMCL's Worth a long look

HI:

Several people have asked me to post since I have them, the following are a few shabby pictures but you should get the idea:

I've been trying to figure out how to create a great BMCL, after years playing with every lung known and personal modifications I decided to give these a try, here's the way I have them configured:

1) Dump Valve on the exhale lung only

2) Omni swivel brass MAV-DIL set up to receive off board, shut off, check valve (MJ's). Dil flushes are not an issue and work quite well.

3) Omni Swivel Brass MAV-02, an 02 flush is virtually impossible and take a long time, the flow rate is restricted, to much in my opinion....way to much.

So here's the good, bad and ugly:

The Bad and ugly:

1) there's no stock ADV, the ADV is a second stage and an option, I dive without it.

2) There's no true OPV, not an issue for me but some people like it.

3) The nipples for the Tpieces are not 40MM so you need good hose clamps to make up for some slack, Coopers and 40MM corrugated rubber will work but you need to be mindful.

4) GOLEM GEAR Delrin parts are NOT compatible, Golem has done a great job making high quality delrin loops and accessories compatibility would be nice.

The Good:

1) The WOB is amazing, it easily rivals TOS lungs, destroys JZ BMCL's, positioned properly they are close to OTS lungs if not there. I think the best WOB is achieved by using a GOLEM STREAM Backplate since the lungs will be even closer to yours. I'm most likely going to try this.

2) Set Up is mindless: pick you grommets and bolt on under your back plate...thats it, I use the middle grommets but have never had the need to try anything else.

All in all this is the best available, I won't be trying anything else without a compelling reason.

JON
    Attached Images

RBW Member Chris Borgen is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Borgen's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

rEvo II micro Meg copis I & II

Re: ATS BMCL's Worth a long look

Damn...now if only someone in the US would make something just like these so we dont have to pay $1700.00 for them...

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Borgen  View Original Post
    Damn...now if only someone in the US would make something just like these so we dont have to pay $1700.00 for them...
    678 EU for the bare lung, then another 266 for the T pieces, they are expensive but the WOB is amazing not to mention the free chest.

In all fairness they are VERY well made.

Jon

I was Turbine j.dap57 is an unknown quantity at this point j.dap57's Avatar
    YBOD

Looks awesome, are you using them on your hammer head?

Quote Originally Posted by j.dap57  View Original Post
    Looks awesome, are you using them on your hammer head?
    Yes I am but you can use them with virtually everything, very easy, great WOB

RBW Member thermocad is an unknown quantity at this point thermocad's Avatar
    Inspo Classic

Home Build O2

Would the standard ap t piece fit on??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by thermocad  View Original Post
    Would the standard ap t piece fit on??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No ATS uses their own T fittings. I had a set for the Meg.

Tony Flaris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

I really want to comment, but can't think of anything to write that won't upset someone somewhere...

I'm sure they work just fine but is it ethical to review it given the history?

Countdown to flames, thread closure and post deletion

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    I really want to comment, but can't think of anything to write that won't upset someone somewhere...

I'm sure they work just fine but is it ethical to review it given the history?

Countdown to flames, thread closure and post deletion
    For the ignorant among us, what's the history?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member thermocad is an unknown quantity at this point thermocad's Avatar
    Inspo Classic

Home Build O2

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris  View Original Post
    No ATS uses their own T fittings. I had a set for the Meg.

Tony Flaris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If the cut holes in lungs are the same size as on ap lungs could the ap t fittings be retrofitted??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast