+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gopro 2 flat lent

RBW Member edivad is an unknown quantity at this point edivad's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

gopro 2 flat lent

Hello,
    just received a new gopro 2 camera.
    Now the problem is ... which flat lent ? I want to spend less than 100 euro ( so no golem gear and similar)
    I would use it for wreck dive between 50 and 80 mt (in the highest definition) ... There is something on the market? Vignetting is not a big problem for me

thank you

davide

RBW Member BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham's Avatar

Re: gopro 2 flat lent

Check with Sartek.

Sartek Industries Home Page

Carl probably has a flat port housing for it. The one he did for the original Hero HD is listed for $100.

RBW Member fl001203 is an unknown quantity at this point fl001203's Avatar
    MEG

Vision

Hi davide,

Two links where you will find your happiness

Lentille Oculus pour caméra GoPro HD

BlurFix Gopro

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

Quote Originally Posted by edivad  View Original Post
    Hello,
    just received a new gopro 2 camera.
    Now the problem is ... which flat lent ? I want to spend less than 100 euro ( so no golem gear and similar)
    I would use it for wreck dive between 50 and 80 mt (in the highest definition) ... There is something on the market? Vignetting is not a big problem for me

thank you

davide
    You may also wish to try a shop from Germany GOPRO HD Kameras

/GKAM

RBW Member edivad is an unknown quantity at this point edivad's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

Thank you very much.
    At the end I chose the oculus lent because it is sold in europe (no overseas shipping) and seems to be more resistent to the pressure. We will see...

the uk-germany aluminium housing is wonderful...but too expensive for me...

davide

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Why does the Go Pro have a curved lens? Is it part of the optics of the camera? Does it turn it into a Wide Angle lens?

RBW Member fl001203 is an unknown quantity at this point fl001203's Avatar
    MEG

Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    Why does the Go Pro have a curved lens? Is it part of the optics of the camera? Does it turn it into a Wide Angle lens?
    The gopro is mainly used in ground sports. You have to buy a flat lens to remove the fuzzy due to curved lens. The optics of the gopro can shoot wide angle.

Damien Siviero betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154's Avatar
    Meg

Inspiration, Kiss, MKVI

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    It's to support the internal fisheye optics of the lens in air.

Underwater it's in the wrong position and/or too small to all the gorpo to focus on the virtual image the dome projects. You need a flat lens to fix this, you you get serious vignetting with most of them and on medium fov the image is ~30% narrower due to refraction through the flat interface.

A larger dome, positioned more forward would do the trick I suspect and enable fisheye optics underwater.

+ Reply to Thread