+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frame and harness for rEvo

RBW Member HaleyH20 is an unknown quantity at this point HaleyH20's Avatar

Thumbs up Frame and harness for rEvo

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a different frame, wing, and harness for the rEvo III mini and/or micro? I find the metal frame to be heavy, hard to manage on land, and clunky. The harness is uncomfortable because of the straps and the very flat back. I am used to wearing a backplate and wing; I find it a bit less than comfortable on land, but it is great once I am in the water. The rEvo harness was much more uncomfortable on land and in the water

Is it possible to get a different frame and harness directly from rEvo? If not, is there any way to modify it yourself?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Haley

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Re: Frame and harness for rEvo

I've tried a few things...

My rEvo was supplied with a transpac, which I replaced with 2" webbing (just like a basic backplate). Trick is the webbing cannot be too loose as the rig needs to sit close to your back. I also dived it with a 'scuba backpack' - one of those very inexpensive molded plastic packs that accepts webbing. This was very comfortable, though I can't comment on WOB as I never dived it very deep like this. To dive the backpack, I had to modify the stud spacing on the unit itself to accept 9" spacing.

I'm still diving with standard 2" webbing, and have been happy.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I have The Halcyon webbing with The cinch system, to keep everything close i modified the backplate, I use only the bottempart, just cut off the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member Felix is an unknown quantity at this point Felix's Avatar
    rEvo III

rEvo II, Sentinel, Megalodon

[QUOTE=EngelenD;395271]I have The Halcyon webbing with The cinch system, to keep everything close i modified the backplate, I use only the bottempart, just cut off the top.

Do you have eny pictures of it ??
    how does the cinch system work on a rEvo ??

/Felix

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

The cinch system works just like with a normal backplate configuration so you can easily pull it tighter or loosen it.
    The Backplate I modified is just a prototyp , I will clean it up when I have more time.
    Maybe I will ask Paul or he can make me the original lower stainless steel part from rEvo and adjust the holes so it will fit with the cinch system ( or somebody who does a nice job with it cause I think Paul has his hands full with the rMs system for the moment.)
    Attached Images

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

i have had great luck with a Dive Rite Nomad. just make sure you leave the stock lower back support plate in place. this is for correct WOB. i also use a DSix designs stand.

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    i have had great luck with a Dive Rite Nomad. just make sure you leave the stock lower back support plate in place. this is for correct WOB. i also use a DSix designs stand.
    Do you have pictures off it ? I was thinking about the nomad but it 's too expensive just to give it a try without knowing the result.
    Wich Nomad do you use?
    My lower backplate is in the same area and the same space as the original so I guess no WOB difference.

RBW Member Phil Peeters is an unknown quantity at this point Phil Peeters's Avatar
    rEvo II hCCR

I'm very happy with my Dive Rite TransPac harnas.
    Seems do to the job every time, even with multiple stages attached.

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Hi Hayley

Paul do have the Micro III Ti version, and from what i heard from my friends who have gotten it, it's indeed lighter than the original which I am using. For me, I don't see/feel any difference with the original version.

my 2 cts.

Jacqueline

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyH20  View Original Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a different frame, wing, and harness for the rEvo III mini and/or micro? I find the metal frame to be heavy, hard to manage on land, and clunky. The harness is uncomfortable because of the straps and the very flat back. I am used to wearing a backplate and wing; I find it a bit less than comfortable on land, but it is great once I am in the water. The rEvo harness was much more uncomfortable on land and in the water

Is it possible to get a different frame and harness directly from rEvo? If not, is there any way to modify it yourself?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Haley

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    Do you have pictures off it ? I was thinking about the nomad but it 's too expensive just to give it a try without knowing the result.
    Wich Nomad do you use?
    My lower backplate is in the same area and the same space as the original so I guess no WOB difference.

I am out on a trip now. i will take some pics when i get back home and post them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast