+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Golem Gear TOS counterlungs config

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Can you explain why pressing the O2 MAV would trigger the ADV if they were on the same CL?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Toman is an unknown quantity at this point Toman's Avatar

Re: Golem Gear TOS counterlungs config

Quote Originally Posted by candive2  View Original Post
    Can you not move the fittings for the ADV and MAV from one side to the other to come up with the config that you want (more like the meg's)?

When you get out there diving with them, please let me know what you think about them because I'm looking at buying a set myself if ISC isn't coming up with a set

Kent
    Hi Kent,

I think that I thought about this and that it didn't look compatible. And also Golem Gear say that they wouldn't put the ADV and the OPV on the same CL.

I will check again tomorrow

Cheers
    Thomas

RBW Member Toman is an unknown quantity at this point Toman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Can you explain why pressing the O2 MAV would trigger the ADV if they were on the same CL?
    Because they are pretty close to each other and pressing the MAV would deflate the CL in this location and possibly activate the ADV, don't you think?

Cheers
    Thomas

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Toman  View Original Post
    Because they are pretty close to each other and pressing the MAV would deflate the CL in this location and possibly activate the ADV, don't you think?

Cheers
    Thomas
    Please remember that I'm not a Meg diver. But...

1. I don't think that pressing the MAV would deflate the CL. If anything, pressing down on the CL in any fashion should increase the pressure rather than decrease it. But this should be very easy to check.

2. I thought about the possibility that once the MAV was pressed, the flow of gas into the CL could possibly cause the ADV to fire based on a venturi effect, but then I discounted that. Again, something very easy to check.

I would just suggest that you put it together the easiest way that makes sense to you and then check that everything works on land. If you keep the ADV and O2 MAV on the inhale lung, and the OPV and dil MAV on the exhale lung, I think the only difference you would notice is that your ADV is on your right instead of your left.

But since I'm not a Meg diver, I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Pressing on the MAV can cause the ADV to activate. The act of pressing the MAV pushes the lung material down and in effect will cause the plunger on the ADV to be pressed against the shoulder and will open the valve. This is from experience I inject O2 on my exhale lung on my meg and have had this happen several times. Small injections no problem but attempting a flush you have better have the inline shut off activated on the ADV.
    Gabe

JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by divingabe  View Original Post
    Pressing on the MAV can cause the ADV to activate. The act of pressing the MAV pushes the lung material down and in effect will cause the plunger on the ADV to be pressed against the shoulder and will open the valve. This is from experience I inject O2 on my exhale lung on my meg and have had this happen several times. Small injections no problem but attempting a flush you have better have the inline shut off activated on the ADV.
    Gabe

Ill take your word for it, Gabe, even thought it doesn't make sense to me. Does this happen on a standard Meg configuration? Does the ADV fire when you press the dil MAV? Most of the Meg divers I know don't have a hose connected to their dil MAV since they use the ADV to add dil.
    Ken

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Ill take your word for it, Gabe, even thought it doesn't make sense to me. Does this happen on a standard Meg configuration? Does the ADV fire when you press the dil MAV? Most of the Meg divers I know don't have a hose connected to their dil MAV since they use the ADV to add dil.
    On a standard Meg configuration the answer is yes it can happen. Should you want to use a different dill from an offboard source you have best shut off your ADV unless your onboard tank has been shut off or emptied.
    Gabe

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

Has anyone come up with a solution to this then? I have just got a set of TOS lungs....Whats to stop me, cutting a hole and mounting the adv on the same lung as the opv and just blocking off the other hole?

I have all the bits to do it......just not the skill!!

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by windymiller  View Original Post
    Has anyone come up with a solution to this then? I have just got a set of TOS lungs....Whats to stop me, cutting a hole and mounting the adv on the same lung as the opv and just blocking off the other hole?

I have all the bits to do it......just not the skill!!
    That will work if you feel that you have to have the OPV and ADV on the same side....

Here is a configuration that I dove for a while that's mentioned above..

I plugged the Dil MAV... There is a blanking plug avalible for it from GG.

I used the ADV for adding Dil manually and automatically.... I "tweaked" the ADV so that it took some effort to get the ADV to fire....

Mark

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Toman  View Original Post
    Hi,

I purchased Golem Gear TOS counterlungs for my Meg but just found out that their config is different compared to the ISC OTS:

ISC:
    CL on left shoulder: ADV + MAV + OPV
    CL on right shoulder: MAV

Golem Gear:
    CL 1: ADV + MAV
    CL 2: MAV + OPV

The Meg config makes sense to me and the Golem Gear configuration causes me issues, mainly how do you clear water from the loop?

Before I try them and loose the possibility to return them, could people that are using them let me know their experience, their config and how they flush water out?

Best Regards
    Thomas
    HI I have a HH and some of a Meg left, but the questions is about lungs, I have the Golem Gear TOS, OTS and JZ BMCL's, I have ISC OTS lungs, and a Manta I was hell bent on coming up with a BMCL solution and by far the best solution is the ATS BMCL's, the WOB is outstanding, beats the JZ BMCL's hands down, easily rivals the TOS lungs and is a clean and neat solution that needs little to no adjustments.

There is no OPV and the ADV thats available I don't like I don't use one, I'm currently using the brass Omni MAV's with off-board capability but may which to the Delrin MAV's.....undecided.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast