+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rEvo gas connections

Banned zirk is an unknown quantity at this point zirk's Avatar
    rEvo

rEvo gas connections

I want to hard plumb (with some threaded option) the union that goes from my 2 first stages and quick connects into the actual revo unit. I 've had my 02 connection dissconnect twice. Has anyone made this change?

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: rEvo gas connections

Hi,

My rEvo was plumbed with Swagelok fittings on the O2 side like this:

I used Push-on fittings, the hardest part to get is the 3/8UNF one (I have some spares). Then a 1/8NPT to 1/4 Swagelok is needed instead of the 3/8 direct-system fitting.

Why don't you secure the DS connector with a ty-wrap? (where the red arrow points to)

Plastic Pom........ Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

Inspo

Put an o-ring behind the QC body so that it needs to be shifted for it to move. In theory you could direct thread into the point where the suit inflate nipple comes out of, no doubt some one will know the thread size but tbh the O-ring works.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by zirk  View Original Post
    I want to hard plumb (with some threaded option) the union that goes from my 2 first stages and quick connects into the actual revo unit. I 've had my 02 connection dissconnect twice. Has anyone made this change?
    Hi Zirk, just an O-ring will do the job perfectly

From what we notice, they never disconnect by themself: if it happens, it is while mounting the first stage, or fiddling the hoses under the first stages.

Paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    Hi Zirk, just an O-ring will do the job perfectly

From what we notice, they never disconnect by themself: if it happens, it is while mounting the first stage, or fiddling the hoses under the first stages.

Paul
    I don't know why or how my O2 would disconnect, but early on it did on a couple of occasions. But you're right, the O-ring does the trick and hasn't disconnected on it's on again. It's an old trick.

Franco

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    I don't know why or how my O2 would disconnect, but early on it did on a couple of occasions. But you're right, the O-ring does the trick and hasn't disconnected on it's on again. It's an old trick.

Franco
    This happened sometimes due to some odd movement during tank attachment and when the hose is unpressurised. The quick connect hose on the triple MAV has the same problem because it's unpressurised. But a simple tank O-ring solves the problem easily.

Cheers,
    Davy

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

It happened to me before too, after fishing the tank on. I re-fixed the tank back to the valve, and turn on the valve. Solve the problem.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

WTF??? Am I the only one that has not had these hoses pop off? I even removed the o-rings from my gas block without any issues at all. I would rather be able to get the hoses unhooked quickly if needed than having to frack around with a darned o-ring.

I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    WTF??? Am I the only one that has not had these hoses pop off? I even removed the o-rings from my gas block without any issues at all. I would rather be able to get the hoses unhooked quickly if needed than having to frack around with a darned o-ring.
    Nope I have never had a hose come undone on the rEvo, or a tank-bracket fall off if mounted correctly.
    I have had problems with crap in stage-regs, and offbord connecters sezing up. Also wing connecter gettting stuck due to use of poor O2-grease instead af silicon (or poor maintenance ). But the trick with the O-ring is exellent.

That it has not happened to me or you *yet* is not reassurence enough for me. It has happened to several people, and I'd rather ensure that it *never* happens to me, so orings are going on the onbord QC for me.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post

Me not either,.... But I just started so not much off a reference here!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.930366,5.376521
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk